Quantcast

...Thursday...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Two things:

1. I owe my dog a public apology. I've been chuckling at him for a few months now, owing to his efforts to try and catch the clearly more nimble and evasive mice. Well, the SOB did it last night. He caught and crunched one. No need to mark that one for release.

2. Gordon Bombay was a terrible coach and made a mockery of hockey. He was a drunk, racist, misogynistic, a cheat, and just an all around shit coach.

Two things:

1. I owe my dog a public apology. I've been chuckling at him for a few months now, owing to his efforts to try and catch the clearly more nimble and evasive mice. Well, the SOB did it last night. He caught and crunched one. No need to mark that one for release.

2. Gordon Bombay was a terrible coach and made a mockery of hockey. He was a drunk, racist, misogynistic, a cheat, and just an all around shit coach.
Props to dawg.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
nothing like getting dogpiled by all three furballs when I wake up. they are just so happy that the hairless critter that feeds them is now awake.

Had to fire a guy yesterday, he took off in a work vehicle and just started driving around the bay area. luckily we can track the rigs. He was under the influence of something and actually hit an object taking off the passenger side mirror. At least he never picked up any of the clients on his list and the vehicle damage is minor.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey there, brofessors! I got up early and ran five miles of circles on the high school track. I've got a nut stomper of a bike workout later. I'll squeeze that in before my 4:00 meeting.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Turdsday. Much to do at work today, yikes!

My thumb has a crack in the skin near the corner of the nail, deep enough down to see red. Joy.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

8:45 nut fondling to attend. Probably not going to accomplish much this weekend. I am feeling less pain, so that seems positive.

Turdsday. Much to do at work today, yikes!

My thumb has a crack in the skin near the corner of the nail, deep enough down to see red. Joy.
I have this same issue in the winter. Super glue is your friend. Seriously.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have a very hard time dropping 5k or more into a bike that I can’t physically see and ride first.
shoot them an email, or post in the DH forum (they have their own thread which is regularly checked & responded to by company employees), there might be someone in your area that could arrange a demo.

fwiw their build prices range from 4k to 6k. pricey yes, but nowhere near the astronomical prices of stuff from companies like yeti, specialized, etc.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Been up since 4:45am. Worked on bills (aka tracking budget) and write a very extensive email to Wifey for her for fwd to the boss. Email basically lays out everything that he has done wrong with payroll ytd, issues with the 401(k) from last year and how to resolve them, cost to resolve vs not, and how much his lack of knowledge or unwillingness to hire a real accountant (vs. doing it himself) has cost us since he took over payroll when the COO left last year. We'll see how long it takes for him to call me and get my accountant involved in this conversation.

Otherwise, it was snowing in the am yesterday so focused on totally inside stuff and got the master bath ceiling painted yesterday then did a bunch of baseboards. It's really fucking cold right now, so I'll probably work on the walls and then do baseboards once it warms up some. Off to work!

Edit: Also sold an option contract that's up 35% in 7 days. Normally I would hold them until term, but this is too good to not just take the money and run. Not a lot, as it was a small position, but I'll take a few hundred dollars for minimal risk.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Here. Been up since 4:45am. Worked on bills (aka tracking budget) and write a very extensive email to Wifey for her for fwd to the boss. Email basically lays out everything that he has done wrong with payroll ytd, issues with the 401(k) from last year and how to resolve them, cost to resolve vs not, and how much his lack of knowledge or unwillingness to hire a real accountant (vs. doing it himself) has cost us since he took over payroll when the COO left last year. We'll see how long it takes for him to call me and get my accountant involved in this conversation.

Otherwise, it was snowing in the am yesterday so focused on totally inside stuff and got the master bath ceiling painted yesterday then did a bunch of baseboards. It's really fucking cold right now, so I'll probably work on the walls and then do baseboards once it warms up some. Off to work!

Edit: Also sold an option contract that's up 35% in 7 days. Normally I would hold them until term, but this is too good to not just take the money and run. Not a lot, as it was a small position, but I'll take a few hundred dollars for minimal risk.
This is semi-rhetorical, but how does one make it to such an elevated leadership position in a company without grasping some of these basic concepts? Hubris? Stupidity? Lethal cocktail of both?

I'd be pretty fucking livid if my financials went sideways cause some dipshit half-wit didn't realize he was in over his head, but plowed ahead anyway.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
This is semi-rhetorical, but how does one make it to such an elevated leadership position in a company without grasping some of these basic concepts? Hubris? Stupidity? Lethal cocktail of both?

I'd be pretty fucking livid if my financials went sideways cause some dipshit half-wit didn't realize he was in over his head, but plowed ahead anyway.
"How hard could it be? It's just dollars and maths..." :disgust:

gonefirefightin

free wieners

When it comes to your finances it is nothing different than negligence on their part and you truly have a case if it heads that way.

Nice work on the option. 35% is freaking baller for any investment

Executive positions these days hardly have any oversight or even vetting since the modern boards and chairs are skiddish when it comes to personnel action and evaluation. I have been witnessing a huge black hole of ineffectiveness in all my research on large firms and institutions with these same exact issues because everyone is literally law suit happy and dont want to step on toes. In fact.....It is easier to fire a person and still pay them for 2-3 years than it is to go to court. true fact.

he did choose wisely.
If I did, I would go for the Gnarvana

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I'm in ur hospitalz readin ur ultrasoundz today. Many thyroids and livers.

Inspection objection asking for deck/wall repair price as a concession officially in to sellers now. They will likely tell me to pound sand and I ultimately won't tank the deal over this, but it's worth the try.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

6-person company. And he's really fucking good as a businessman when it comes to getting funding and making buildings (they're a developer).

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
shoot them an email, or post in the DH forum (they have their own thread which is regularly checked & responded to by company employees), there might be someone in your area that could arrange a demo.
https://ridegg.com/pages/external-demo

The guy on their demo page from Oregon is in Eugene I think. He offered to drive a bike to Bend so I could demo it a few years ago before I bought my Smash. He didn't have any wookiee sizes, unfortunately, so I took the plunge sight unseen. Don't regret it a bit.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
never understood why peeps pay someone else to half manage their ETF's and portfolio when you can do it better yourself with only an hour a week.
As someone who does that for a living, let me tell you, the vast majority of people don;t have the self-tolerance to risk or patience that it takes to make a portfolio grow long-term.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
As someone who does that for a living, let me tell you, the vast majority of people don;t have the self-tolerance to risk or patience that it takes to make a portfolio grow long-term.
I hear yas, been in the game for 27 years with 2 degrees in the field and I still am amazed on how ignorant most peeps are when it comes to their own money

Edit: I only play a drunken buffoon on TV and in RM.

No, but we go down there a couple times a year. Or at least we did before the world blew up. Had plans to try and move there, but damn if we can afford it nowadays.
Thus is why I am taking the leap to build here in sisters otherwise I would be priced out entirely