Quantcast

-.-.-.- Thursday -.-.-.-

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
HOORAY, MORE GREAT NEWS!
Looks like now I need a major thumb reconstruction, that will have a 6 month recovery. On my dominant hand.
(Not bike or accident related, apparently) .
The procedure is called a 'left basal joint ligamentous reconstruction tendon interposition with the flexor carpi ulnaris."
Good news is that I can ride until the surgery if I can handle the pain. So Perú is still on. I won't be able to play guitar for a long time, so I guess I'll learn how to play slide!
Uhm, what did you do to your thumb ?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Uhm, what did you do to your thumb ?
based on other posts today, maybe he, too, had gum stuck near his anus (Anus?) and hurt his thumb during the removal process?

Opening done; collector and patrons all happy. Scotch consumed. Gotta do another talk tomorrow evening...

Ready for a good night's sleep. Let's do this!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
@binary visions happy birthday to you sir!

Did the work stuff, ate two baked taters for dinner.

Got to hang out with an 82 yr old today who was sharp as a tack and fun to chat with. He founded a successful business years ago that is now the global standard for wind machines - giant propellers stuck on towers, powered by propane driven v10 engines.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
moms, not they're libertarian douchebag boyfriends

ayden

jaiden

caiden

hayden

and all the dumb vowel combos of the above

I mean I can't be the only one who's noticed this....

Nah. There have actually been studies that show that dumb child names like *ayden have a strong correlation to the education levels of their mothers and a resulting achievement gap with kids with those names assumedly because the world expects them to be dumb fuckers.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Nah. There have actually been studies that show that dumb child names like *ayden have a strong correlation to the education levels of their mothers and a resulting achievement gap with kids with those names assumedly because the world expects them to be dumb fuckers.
I mean I did name my anus Ayden.

I'm not going to say I have low expectations, just well-defined (and sure possibly limited) expectations.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I wish you watched dirbike racing so you could truly appreciate just how astute that observation genuinely is :rofl:
Are you even a dirt bike if you don’t name your kid Rider, or rather Ryder?

Seriously I know like 7 bros who named their first born some variation of Ryder and their second born some gun company name, and not a bad ass one like Rheinmetall just lame shit like Barrett, Ruger or Colt.

Still better than Ae12x or whatever Lord Elon has called his progeny

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Are you even a dirt bike if you don’t name your kid Rider, or rather Ryder?

Seriously I know like 7 bros who named their first born some variation of Ryder and their second born some gun company name, and not a bad ass one like Rheinmetall just lame shit like Barrett, Ruger or Colt.

Still better than Ae12x or whatever Lord Elon has called his progeny
aidencaydenjayden just doesn't cover it

thank god I never had kids because they'd be named whippit, sender, hukcR, whiskey and compoundfemur

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
aidencaydenjayden just doesn't cover it

thank god I never had kids because they'd be named whippit, sender, hukcR, whiskey and compoundfemur

National Forest, you may actually be able to ride there. I can assure you that you don't want to ride there. There was a trail once, it has been buried by several generations of rock slides. Just an actively moving steep as fuck scree field most of the way up. Kind of terrifying. The slabby bits up top could be fun but you would need to rope down off a helicopter to get up and most of the way down. Doesn't matter though, a Sprinter van is too big to make it down the road to the trailhead.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
National Forest, you may actually be able to ride there. I can assure you that you don't want to ride there. There was a trail once, it has been buried by several generations of rock slides. Just an actively moving steep as fuck scree field most of the way up. Kind of terrifying. The slabby bits up top could be fun but you would need to rope down off a helicopter to get up and most of the way down. Doesn't matter though, a Sprinter van is too big to make it down the road to the trailhead.
I like the contrast of what you meant to quote, vs what you actually quoted :rofl:

Where is that? I'm assuming not on, but general direction of glacier peak. And yes I may not ride up it but some of that shit I would have very much liked to have ridden down. My point was more not that existing trails are suitable, but that most of that higher rugged terrain in the WA cascades is wilderness so you can't even build a bike trail in any of it. I've been in the same mountains slightly north. It could have been done. We were just a low species on the pole when that shit was decided.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I like the contrast of what you meant to quote, vs what you actually quoted :rofl:

Where is that? I'm assuming not on, but general direction of glacier peak. And yes I may not ride up it but some of that shit I would have very much liked to have ridden down. My point was more that not that existing trails are suitable, but that most of that higher rugged terrain in the WA cascades is wilderness so you can't even build a bike trail in any of it. I've been in the same mountains slightly north. It could have been done. We were just a low species on the pole when that shit was decided.
Vesper Peak.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
damn Im good

needs bike trails

looks like a lot of wild sky wilderness in your southeast view

vesper aint in it though...needs bike trails
Nothing is enforced around here. You should come ride it.

The actual wilderness is burning, Airplane Lake fire a few ridges over.

1694755705820.png

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I wish you watched dirtbike racing so you could truly appreciate just how astute that observation genuinely is :rofl:

I want some similar data from here on white people who name their kids and dogs shasta, whitney, sierra and sequoia
Mountain biking isn't immune

1694757312570.png

But it could be worse

1694757364706.png

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
moms, not they're libertarian douchebag boyfriends

ayden

jaiden

caiden

hayden

and all the dumb vowel combos of the above

I mean I can't be the only one who's noticed this....
biden