Quantcast

!@#$%Thursdaygmt%$#@×+

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So what is the woo approved lodging/accomodations when on vacation?
tacomadeathplaya.jpg

vrbo is just as bad as air bnb

they make a thing called hotels that usually are a lot less weird. I stay in too many of them for work so for me 'vacation' doesn't even take any of that shit into consideration. I live outside.

Last time I did a trip where shelter was required I looked up a condo co-op that handled their own shit in pemberton. They were in the process of remodeling the whole joint because they'd just sold out to some shit vacation rental chain....

When vrbo first popped up, long before airbnb I used them for whistler trips in the 2000s. They just copy air bnb's model now, they're just as predatory and take just as much housing off the market to turn neighborhoods into hotels as any of them. As intended, neither one is necessarily evil. It's that they incentivized BUYING houses solely to do that with. That's the shit part.

Last edited:

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
It might have been @konifere or @vivisectxi , I forget, but they suggested https://suspensionwerx.com/ which is also out of Vancouver.

I recently shipped a fork out to Vancouver and shipping was actually not bad - about $33-36ish dollars to get it there. Might be cheaper if they have the same sort of pickup service that S4 offers.
@canadmos I'm pretty late for the reply, but yeah, I wholeheartedly recommend SuspensionWerx!