Quantcast

-- Thursday's Ride/Activity Thread --

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
haha - well last night I skated with my son's hockey team and again I did all of the sprints at the beginning and end of practice with them. Came home, ate, got a chain on my single speed - went out to do a short night ride on it to the supermarket and promptly snapped the chain in two before I even got out of my apartment complex driveway. :(

I should have never messed around with new gearing I guess. Oh well. It did feel better when the chain was working.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
and promptly snapped the chain in two before I even got out of my apartment complex driveway. :(
Bummer, dude!!!

The usual for me. Worked legs last night and I am already feeling it. I am going to be hobbling around in pain for the next two days. :(

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I had a much needed rest day. Today I'm gonna try and get a quick ride on the rollers in before my dinner guest arrives :devil:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
No riding for me for a couple of days. I have to go to the Hospital and get a Bioptic procedure, a bone marrow test, X-Rays, some kind of special MRI, blood crap, and just generally a bunch of needles and crap put in me. If I am up for it I may ride Saturday, that is if the weather holds out. This is going to suck. The worst part is seeing all the sick kids in the waiting rooms. That and the waiting....jdcamb

T-Blazer

Monkey
Jun 8, 2004
rochester,ny
jdcamb said:
No riding for me for a couple of days. I have to go to the Hospital and get a Bioptic procedure, a bone marrow test, X-Rays, some kind of special MRI, blood crap, and just generally a bunch of needles and crap put in me. If I am up for it I may ride Saturday, that is if the weather holds out. This is going to suck. The worst part is seeing all the sick kids in the waiting rooms. That and the waiting....jdcamb

I hope all the tests go good . working late tonite setting up new bikes so Ill ride home after . Ill do up my 15 mile loop .

splat

Nam I am
Its thursday , so that Means It the Weekly night ride!

IAB One of these weeks !!! ( don't you have vacation time you have to use or lose ? Take a Firday off , ( and I will too ) and ride with us thursday night then I'll meet you down in CT friday ?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Nothing planned. I've been doing some sheet rock work for my parents at their new house, so that's been occupying most of my free time. going to rty to get a night ride in tomorrow or Sat..

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Been going to the rock climbing gym lately - last night was a flop-a-thon. I feel like I got hit by a truck.

Any CT monkies that are interested (IAB, MBC and MMcG I'm looking in your direction...), you're all welcome to join us - no experience necessary.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
not much riding latelt due to crappy weather & even a crappier work schedule. BUt yesterday I went out & practiced my manuals. I am slowly getting better.

J

JRB

I got nothing. I may try to night ride tomorrow though. Wumpus???

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
tonyhawk said:
Been going to the rock climbing gym lately - last night was a flop-a-thon. I feel like I got hit by a truck.

Any CT monkies that are interested (IAB, MBC and MMcG I'm looking in your direction...), you're all welcome to join us - no experience necessary.
How much does this cost Tony? Will it cut heavily into my bikey savings fund?

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
MMcG said:
How much does this cost Tony? Will it cut heavily into my bikey savings fund?
It's like $22 to try it for the first time (equipment rental and day pass). If you like it, you can get a harness, chalk bag and shoes for like $150, then either pay by the day ($15 I think), get a 10-visit pass ($120) or an unlimited month pass (what I do - $60). The gym is down in Wallingford. Of course there's always post climb carbo-loading at the (no longer) Smokey Bar afterward too...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
tonyhawk said:
It's like $22 to try it for the first time (equipment rental and day pass). If you like it, you can get a harness, chalk bag and shoes for like $150, then either pay by the day ($15 I think), get a 10-visit pass ($120) or an unlimited month pass (what I do - $60). The gym is down in Wallingford. Of course there's always post climb carbo-loading at the (no longer) Smokey Bar afterward too...
If I try it and like it I fear another expensive hobby coming on. Maybe I should stick to bikes and maybe inline hockey or indoor soccer.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
jdcamb said:
:eek: Good luck!!!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
uhm hopefully be finishing building up the new yeti. it'll happen if i get this brake issue resolved. friggins pos hayes crap. I'm getting so frustrated. if that gets done i might go jump off of something.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
McGRP01 said:
:think: I guess I could keep my seats folded down all the time, my car seat at home and just strap my daughter to the roof?
ah, bummer you cant get the bike in there without folding the seats down.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
McGRP01 said:
:think: I guess I could keep my seats folded down all the time, my car seat at home and just strap my daughter to the roof?
Didn't you ever see "Teen Wolf" with Michael J. Fox? He surfs on the top of the van..your infanty daughter should try that..