Quantcast

-- Thursday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Was a beautiful morning for a ride - first really hard frost, amazing sunrise, a "crisp" 28 degrees. Unfortunately I didn't get to enjoy any of it on the trail. I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever ride again.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I rode the Cheeta last night - nice night to be out riding too - not trails but urban - well this Avon, CT resident's version of it anyway.

This morning is nice and crisp and I thought about a ride too, but instead I took my dogs for a little extended morning walk - I think they appreciated it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got an awesome night ride in last night. With heavy leaf cover it was pretty much a guess where the trail was, made a trail I've been on a thousand times seem brand new.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ride? lol

I went to the gym last night and worked legs. Then, I joined MBC's accouting firm for volleyball, now they want me to play every week. Sounds good to me. I had fun.

Now I am limping around this morning because my leg muscles are sore from the workout.

J

JRB

Urban for me last night with madbob. It's fun since he's got skills. I don't. Busted my ass riding a little median curb in the street with cars coming. :eek: 50 degrees out for the rude. :thumb:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
maybe u r a sub?
MMcG said:
A Ringer!
Well I don't work for her company, so I guess I could be considered a sub or ringer. But subs usually just show up when someone else can't make it, and I'll probably be playing every week. And a ringer is supposed to be an awesome player brought in just to help win, and I am certainly not an awesome player.

So I guess I am a warm body to fill the roster. :)

I Are Baboon said:
Well I don't work for her company, so I guess I could be considered a sub or ringer. But subs usually just show up when someone else can't make it, and I'll probably be playing every week. And a ringer is supposed to be an awesome player brought in just to help win, and I am certainly not an awesome player.

I've got video - I need to edit it though.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:

Hey, maybe your vball team can play against my vball team ??? :)

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
jacksonpt said:
This is turning into another GMT thread - anyone actually do anything bike related last night???
I looked at my bike last night! AND I sat on it... to see if the rear shock is holding air.

It is.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I had a great, fun ride yesterday. To echo other posters, some parts of the trails had wet leaves hub deep on them making the trail all but invisible and eliminating any traction, other sections were dry and fast. I stopped at a favorite jump which was dry and played there for a while. About 48d and sunny, which was a nice reprise from all the rain (poured again last night :mumble: :angry: )

coincidently; I also did legs at the gym the night before, which I really didn't consider until about 30 seconds into my ride. I pretty much skip leg workouts during the spring/summer as I'm riding almost every day, but I decided that since I'd only been street riding a few times in as many weeks I'd start up again. Have you ever been pedaling and had a charley-horse in your ass?

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Hit the Fells outside Boston this morning. 24 deg was a little rough at the start, but it's a beautiful day. Did run into a couple obstacles hidden under the leaves, tho.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Rode some urban, then dipped into the woods a bit, rode a little more urban, ran into a few nightriders. All in all it was fun. Probably won't get to ride until Saturday now but hey its fall......jdcamb