Quantcast

-- Thursday's Ride Thread --

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went on my weekly Wednesday Night Ride. Got about an hour and a half of decent riding in. My feet froze though, I think I am going to buy a cheap pair of shoes a few sizes too large so I can wear a few pairs of warm socks.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Westy said:
Went on my weekly Wednesday Night Ride. Got about an hour and a half of decent riding in. My feet froze though, I think I am going to buy a cheap pair of shoes a few sizes too large so I can wear a few pairs of warm socks.
You'll never have to torture your poodies again....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
No ride planned, but Splat invited me to ride with his gang. Does that count? I had to turn it down because I have a haircut appointment after work. Really, I seriously need a haircut. Man, now that I type that, it looks very lame. :rolleyes: Oh well.

I did lift weights last night and will do it again tonight.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Skookum said:
You'll never have to torture your poodies again....
I've got some, they don't seem to help me that much. So much heat still gets transfered through the sole and cleat. Not to mention my regular shoes may be a bit tight. I think a few layers of soft comfy merino wool socks is the way to go for me.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
No ride planned, but Splat invited me to ride with his gang. Does that count? I had to turn it down because I have a haircut appointment after work. Really, I seriously need a haircut. Man, now that I type that, it looks very lame. :rolleyes: Oh well.
Man there are just some thing that you would be better off keeping to yourself. :sneaky:

I need a haircut pretty bad too, I'm too lazy to do anything about it though.

J

JRB

Rode 12 or so miles last night. Lots of wildlife. Trails are a little loose at the place we rode. May bail from work early and ride in the light by myself. Didn't get cold last night like was predicted. Not sure when it will. I haven't watched the weather in some time.

Edit - it's nice to have just a short blurb about a ride to include rather than just my witty remarks.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
Man there are just some thing that you would be better off keeping to yourself. :sneaky:

I need a haircut pretty bad too, I'm too lazy to do anything about it though.

Yeah. Well a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

J

JRB

You will certainly not want to post about the haircut experience when you are done. I tell you from experience, no good will come of it. :rolleyes:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Westy said:
I've got some, they don't seem to help me that much. So much heat still gets transfered through the sole and cleat. Not to mention my regular shoes may be a bit tight. I think a few layers of soft comfy merino wool socks is the way to go for me.
There is also some ?"salve"? that warms up your feet too, but i've never used it, and i've heard that too hearty an application can toast the poodies beyond the level of comfort.
Here's another idea from this website for some socks they only want a million dollars for them....

http://www.velotique.com/images/6-10.JPG

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
loco-gringo said:
You will certainly not want to post about the haircut experience when you are done. I tell you from experience, no good will come of it. :rolleyes:
No, I only mentioned it as it relates to my lack of riding tonight. There will be no post-haircut discussion. :monkey:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Skookum said:
There is also some ?"salve"? that warms up your feet too, but i've never used it, and i've heard that too hearty an application can toast the poodies beyond the level of comfort.
Here's another idea from this website for some socks they only want a million dollars for them....
Trust me, when I'm all warm and toasty with my oversized shoes with duct tape covering the vents and double weight wool socks everyone is going to be jealous. I will be starting a trend that can only be matched by 12 grain bread and grapples.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Wumpus said:
Going riding soon.
It was a good ride. Temps in the mid 50's with a gusty north wind.* Explored a new trail that the rangers are building. Tight switchbacky descents and climbs. Going to be fun when it is done.

*Loco the front is here. It will be cold (by Texan standards) by the time you ride.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
It was a good ride. Temps in the mid 50's with a gusty north wind.* Explored a new trail that the rangers are building. Tight switchbacky descents and climbs. Going to be fun when it is done.

*Loco the front is here. It will be cold (by Texan standards) by the time you ride.

10 on Saturday cool with you??? Me and Kevin for sure. Ron won't tell us whether his friend is cool with 10 or not. I am planning for me now.

I Are Baboon said:

I did lift weights last night and will do it again tonight.
I Are Ba:stosh: :D