Quantcast

-- Thursday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Got in my first the-weather-is-not-an-issue ride of the season yesterday. Met a couple Cycle-CNYers at Chenango Valley State Park for a ride. Rode for a little over 2 hours, probably in the neighborhood of 12-15 miles. One outer loop was flooded from all the rain, but other than that, everything was bone dry. Was a good ride.

A couple of pics... click the thumbnails for bigger images.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
road bike, made it 3.8 miles and then SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! flat rear tire! :mumble: of course I didnt have a tube or a pump :mumble: I said F it and rode (slowly) bike home, so then I jumped on the hollowpoint and went & did a couple hill repeats

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Nice pics! We hit the SMBA trails to do a little scouting and assessing damage on Tuesday night. Last night, I rode around my back yard, scouting and assessing a location for dirt jumps then I did. No pics though (sorry).

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Cool pics Jackson. Glad you guys got out! No riding for me yesterday, my wife is out of town on business so I've got my daughter when I get home from work. I have tomorrow off, so hopefully I'll get out then.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Nice pics, Jackson!

A ride last night would have been cool, but my legs are STILL recovering from Tuesday's asskicker. So I went to the gym, then stopped off at the grocery store and bought me some TURKEY DOGS for grillin last night. It was a nice night to be grillin. Dogs on the grill and baseball on the tube. Spring is in the air, indeed. :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
how are you liking the HP... any trail time on it yet?

only one ride on dirt / it's pretty damn nice, dwlink works great, combine that with the spv fork - pretty cool.

I feel really high on it (off the ground) compared to the Kona.

I also feel kinda slow on the IH, not sure if its going do so well for racing, but it will be great for trail rides, I'm looking forward to taking it on some rough/super tech stuff

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
only one ride on dirt / it's pretty damn nice, dwlink works great, combine that with the spv fork - pretty cool.

I feel really high on it (off the ground) compared to the Kona.

I also feel kinda slow on the IH, not sure if its going do so well for racing, but it will be great for trail rides, I'm looking forward to taking it on some rough/super tech stuff
Have you tried it in both travel positions?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
AND!?!??!
They were'nt nearly as muddy as I had thought they would be. We also scoped out a line for a beginner loop (as we really don't have anything to offer beginners and need something before our spring event). I have a plan sketched out for Tuesday's meeting. We're hoping to hit the Dam loop this weekend and assess the High Noon end of Bee as well.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
They were'nt nearly as muddy as I had thought they would be. We also scoped out a line for a beginner loop (as we really don't have anything to offer beginners and need something before our spring event). I have a plan sketched out for Tuesday's meeting..
Sweet! You guys are awesome!!

TreeSaw said:
We're hoping to hit the Dam loop this weekend and assess the High Noon end of Bee as well
Let me know if you end up going. I'm off this weekend for a change and would love to have someone to ride with.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
Washed away by about two weeks straight of rain and warm weather (and we have flooded rivers to prove it).
yup yup. 3 solids months of snow followed by 2 weeks of 50* weather and a ton of rain means no snow and lots of flooding.

Was 75* yesterday... so shorts were a definite.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Sweet! You guys are awesome!!

Let me know if you end up going. I'm off this weekend for a change and would love to have someone to ride with.
Sweet! I think we're going to try to hit Spier one day and SMBA the other. I might even be up for a Friday afternoon ride, but I have students until 5:15PM so I probably couldn't get anywhere until 5:30ish.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Sweet! I think we're going to try to hit Spier one day and SMBA the other. I might even be up for a Friday afternoon ride, but I have students until 5:15PM so I probably couldn't get anywhere until 5:30ish.
Sounds good! I can probably only hit one of those rides, and if I had a choice it would probably be Spier. :devil: But then again, I'd like to get out at SMBA so I can scout that with you guys... Decisions.... :think:

Keep me in the loop and we'll see what happens.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Just north of 'Toga. Exit 17N off the Northway. Right on the "backside" of Moreau State Park.

cool - thats where I thought that place was

I might be headed in the opposite direction, but maybe not - so keep me in the loop if ya ride there this w/e !!