Quantcast

-- Thursday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
grrrr... this is starting to get old. More rain yesterday and last night, so no riding. I told my wife that as long as it wasn't pouring, I was going to ride tonight. Well, weather forcast is for "heavy showers" most of the day.

Anyone else?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Sunny and cold in the Adirondacks this a.m.. No ride last night, no ride today. But at least the weather looks good in East Burke for this weekend! :thumb:

J

JRB

Rode about 9 miles with Wumpus up in Waco. Good ride. The trails are loose, but fun. I rode down my first double black(what they call them in waco) with a good deal of confidence. Got to a tree that smacked my face a while back and scared my of the trail. I broke his little ass off last night and started back up. It's nice to be getting my technical edge back after my stint with crashing. Took a kid with us that goes to Baylor. He rides a cheap dept store bike, but does pretty well. He was scared to join since some dickheads from Baylor dropped him last week. It was nice that he rode with us and had such a great time. Since everyone thinks I am a grumbly ranty stupid ass, it was pleasant to have someone really appreciate us helping them out. You folks have to come ride with Wumpus, he is the coolest guy I know. Followed the ride with a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and the worst burrito in the world and then drove home. Yay good rides. Probably doing a night ride tonight. :thumb:

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
It's raining here. Rained all night. :confused: What the Hell is going on....? :think:

-S.S.-
Man - it sure is nice here. Lows in the 50s for a few days and highs in the 70s for the weekend. :D

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
Well I didn't ride last night, and tonight I have to take my son to soccer practice. Friday has rain in the forecast, which sucks! Todays high is suppose to be 83.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ended up not riding yesterday. Had to mow the lawn and teach 2 dogs to stay inside an invisible fence. Anyone want a used dog, low miles?

I will try to get out and ride after work today but I have been highly unmotivated lately.

J

JRB

Westy said:
I will try to get out and ride after work today but I have been highly unmotivated lately.

I have been in that funk and just recently beat it. It's nice that slump is over.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
My friend and I used the rain here as a perfect excuse to stay off the trails and go chuck ourselves off of some landscaping in Golden - not a ride exactly, but fun on the bike nonetheless.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
pretty much the same here
I have always thought that the more you ride, the better you get. The better you get the more fun you have. The more fun you have the more you want to ride.

Lately I have found that the opposite is also true.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Keep it up, there, Tex. :mumble:

-S.S.-

Sorry Charlie :D I'm sure it will rain for the weekend. It rained me out Saturday.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Rode after work last night for about 2 hours, simply gorgeous out still. Today I will go at lunch. There is a shower here so I'll just freshen up afterwards. It's so nice to go around noon, breaks up the day and gets me fired up!!!!!!!!1

Ride on people.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
My legs are shot... I went through the "not riding much, too burned out" phase last month, and now I'm back on track. Did some XC last night with the usual suspects, rode the Blur for the first time in a while, don't think the legs could take another day on the singlespeed. Man that Blur kicks ass. Probably gonna get coerced into riding again tonight, ouch :dead:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
No ride for me last night (open house)....:(
Tonight it's supposed to rain again but I think we're going out for a loop anyway!

Did a nice night ride on Tuesday night though...fun, fun, fun and I didn't have any problems with my old nite rider system.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
Followed by a small case of food poisoning at 3am. oh joy.
You should have had the burrito that tasted so bad it couldn't be eaten.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
And then they're talking rain all day today and snow line down to 6000 ft tonight. And me without a furnace. :eek:

You Texans probably don't even need a furnace, do you? :think:

-S.S.-

We need the heat on occasion. I am really a sissy about the cold now though. We do have the windows open now though.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
we just rode to the park on the big bikes & cruised around for a little while.
I have come to the realization that if i am gonna race cx this year I need to get my legs back. I am gonna try hit the trails manana.