Quantcast

-- Thursday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Well, I got conned into staying home last night when I could have been/should have been riding. Thought my wife wasn't feeling good, so I stayed home to help with our daughter. Turns out, she felt good enough to let me hang curtain rods and closet organizers all night - how nice of her :mumble:

Anyone ride?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I rebuilt the Eccentric on a GT I-Drive last night. I still haven't heard back from Ellsworth so I am still in limbo land. Talk about sucking squared. No riding for me until tonight.....jdcamb

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
Your boss sounds like a sweet heart! :D

no ride, but the bike is on the truck - suppose to be 70 today !!
you have no idea... and yea - weather is supposed to be nice today. Though once again... no riding for me tonight.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
No ride last night. Was supposed to ride tonight, but the wife said :nope: . Gotta spend some QT with the fam. :rolleyes: It's not like I'm riding everyday or anything. And I just got my light
re-charged too! :angry:

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
No ride last night. It has been raining all week...It just plain sucks. Suppose to be nice this weekend though. I just hope the trails are okay to ride.
BTW...yesterday I found out my blood pressure, and my cholesterol both suck. The doctor told me to start excercising more, and eating better. Looks like I may have some more riding time coming, per the doctors orders. I guess the wife will just have to deal with it.

J

JRB

I'm a slug and have quit riding. Well, that and when I am not, it rains. If it is dry tonight, I plan to ride the single speed.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
2 hours a day on the bike for the last 3 days, since I am doing it for all interested in the review ;)
Heading out for a 1 hour ride in just a few minutes and then back home to grab the Single speed to meet Stuntmatty for a lunch time ride.

Heck, I have ridden more in the last couple of weeks than I did the entire summer!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Nice ride last night. Took a beginning woman out for a short loop then met up with Squirrel and did another loop (good thing I had my light with me). Saw a bunch of bow hunters who weren't supposed to be hunting where they were. Then, saw 3 deer on the way out (a long way from where the hunters were).

Tonight I believe we're heading out for another short ride...we'd better be as the weather is BEAUTIFUL today!!!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i rode my road bike down a long paved trail. I rode for about a 40 mile ride i'd guess. There are sections where you go on side roads until you connect back on the trail. It was getting dusk out and this car decided to act like it was going to run me off the road. So when they pulled back to thier side of the road in a stupid game of chicken i flipped them off and hawked a lugi on their windsheild. i kept riding hoping they wouldnt chase me which they didnt since my broken leg would keep me from being able to avoid an ass whoopin right now....
But all in all the ride felt good.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
Oh my :eek: You and Kevin are cut from the same mold!
yah it happened not 10 minutes after i got done talkin on the phone with you haha, you say ride safe then i go and play chicken with a car haha.
Well it really wasn't my idea....
Echo said:
Man I wish I had that kind of accuracy.

Good to hear you're back on the bike :)
Thanx it's good to be back, still not riding up to par, since i'm not standing on the bike so much yet, hence i'm really letting the bike ride me at this point haha. But still moving on 2 wheels nontheless.

BurlySurly said:
Another 2 weeks and I can do some EASY rides. Man, I hate having Mono from sucking balls.
i didn't know that's how you get mono? :eek: ;)