Quantcast

@@@@Thursderp GMT@@@@

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Yo.
Moar rain here today. :mad:
Probably try to bc ski over the weekend since trails are flooded. Or I should just drive to Moab.

Had a beer then a glass of wine with dinner last night and I feel like shit this morning.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I can't help but feel a bit of schadenfreude for this one: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/10/driver-jailed-for-three-years-for-ramming-cyclist-north-london-justine-henshaw-bryan

you're pregnant? you care for your ailing, elderly mum? too bad. you assaulted someone with a weapon and you get to go to jail.

I know, I know, PAWN noob, but this one's too good to bury over there!

in other news, I bled my brakes last night. first time. seems successful. tonight's trail ride will tell. got to bed a little late (11) and was up at 5 again. wtf is wrong with me? why can't I sleep? (I think it's related to my job).

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Evidence suggests I very much need to ride. Evidence also suggests I may be in the market for a new saddle as I've tried fiddling with my current one a bundle and still end up with numb grundle. Perhaps it's back to a Rocket V I go as that was the last saddle I can remember being comfortable. It was 8 or so years ago, so hopefully my memory doesn't fail me.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. I could not believe it was not Saturday when the alarm clock rang this morning, what is wrong with this week? I feel mildly sore after last night's ride and it feels good. A bunch of meetings just got removed from my calendar, cool. I'll probably have a lunch date with my wifey in the city today. No rain -> another ride this evening? :think:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies! I am kind of tires from yesterday's rides. Workload to do is not bad bit it spread out over 12 hours. I am thinking kind get about taking a generous nap in between commitments.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Mornin!

Evidence suggests I very much need to ride. Evidence also suggests I may be in the market for a new saddle as I've tried fiddling with my current one a bundle and still end up with numb grundle. Perhaps it's back to a Rocket V I go as that was the last saddle I can remember being comfortable. It was 8 or so years ago, so hopefully my memory doesn't fail me.
Try one of those with a deep love channel. Like this one (I like): http://www.ebay.com/itm/PROLOGO-SCRATCH-PRO-PLUS-TI-1-4-SADDLE-134MM-FULL-WHITE-NEW-SCPP144WW20-AM-W-/142186000375?hash=item211af22ff7:g:sbsAAOSwPCVX2Rhh

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Soggy here as well still. Lawn is getting out of control. I did manage to drag myself out for a run yesterday despite the wind. Brief time I spent on the unpaved portions of the green way showed the ground is definitely too wet to ride. I need to fix the single speed so at least I'll have a road bike again.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Head is foggy as hell today. Got home at 12ish from the ride last night and was still pumped up, so of course I was awake until almost 3am. :dead:

Power through today and then go for an easy ride tonight.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mornin!

I have a bunch of extra saddles you can try out. Meet up this weekend? I was hoping to head up to meet @Nick to grab some parts. You cab also go by a Specialized dealer and use their butt measurement tool. It allows you to figure out what width your seat bones are so you can demo saddles of appropriate width.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Haley decided to watch a Nat Geo show about volcanoes this morning.She is now scared of Hawaii. Otherwise, same shit different day.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I can't help but feel a bit of schadenfreude for this one: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/10/driver-jailed-for-three-years-for-ramming-cyclist-north-london-justine-henshaw-bryan

you're pregnant? you care for your ailing, elderly mum? too bad. you assaulted someone with a weapon and you get to go to jail.

She was crying about whether her baby would be born in jail or a hospital. Pookie. You nearly killed somebody.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I have a bunch of extra saddles you can try out. Meet up this weekend? I was hoping to head up to meet @Nick to grab some parts. You cab also go by a Specialized dealer and use their butt measurement tool. It allows you to figure out what width your seat bones are so you can demo saddles of appropriate width.
Sweet! I'll definitely take you up on that offer. I should be around this weekend, let me know what you and Nicholas are planning. :thumb:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

in other news, I bled my brakes last night. first time. seems successful. tonight's trail ride will tell. got to bed a little late (11) and was up at 5 again. wtf is wrong with me? why can't I sleep? (I think it's related to my job).
can we get that judge to come over to the US?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Good morning from scenic Gallup. What an odd and depressing town.
Glad to hear it hasn't changed. :D

You pretty much just described any town along route 66. If you want Gallup to seem not so bad head on up to Ship Rock or Farmington. They are pretty much exactly the same, but without mountain biking.
:stupid: And Winslow. Don't forget Winslow, AZ...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Woot. Thanks to Fanatik bike shop out west, new axle for the Banshee is out for delivery today.

Also need to go pick up my new spacious 4 man tent from the post office today.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
"And it's still not clear how far the two-wheeled revolution can go in turning things around." that was written in 2014. How are things holding up?
Well, except for JBP, I only know one other person whose taken the time to go ride in Gallup, and that's only because his folks live in NM. Said the riding was great, but Gallup.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Well, except for JBP, I only know one other person whose taken the time to go ride in Gallup, and that's only because his folks live in NM. Said the riding was great, but Gallup.
I stayed one night in a motel near Gallup but didn't actually venture to town. Instead, I visited a wicked rodeo a couple miles down the road.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Mornin!

I think I have a Rocket on the 5010 now. WTB something narrowish. You can have it if you want. I think I'm going to get another Pure V as on my commuter bike, as my grundle is similarly unhappy after grinding up climbs seated.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I think I have a Rocket on the 5010 now. WTB something narrowish. You can have it if you want. I think I'm going to get another Pure V as on my commuter bike, as my grundle is similarly unhappy after grinding up climbs seated.
I will most definitely take you up on that! With the current saddle it's incredibly annoying fidgeting around trying to find the sweet spot where it doesn't feel I'm supporting my entire body weight on my taint.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Have any of you guys looked at Google Fi? Looks cheaper than even my low cost, discounted plan through Sprint with even better coverage.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Late requests for time consuming things at the W today. Not my favorite way to start the day. Of course, clients need to approve costs, and take their own damn time doing so, further crunching the time crunch.

On a positive note, my ride home last night, while hot, was great. I made pretty young ladies smile and ugly old ladies frown. It was a good day. Looking forward to it again tonight.

The Fox biking shorts I got recently seem to have melted in the dryer and that annoys me.