Quantcast

***Thursderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Going in for some OT. Supposed to be crazy windy today, and it's already pretty bad. Got an email late last night, ///Motorcycle buyer flaked. Not sure if scam avoided, or craigslist buyers eat donkey dick.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
this should be fun..not. I have to attend a 2 hour meeting at county EMS from 10-12 today in addition to doing the short bus thing. The joys of wearing two hats. My boss needs to get off his ass and hire a new Ops Mgr or start paying me a lot more if he wants me to stick around.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
:wave:

Going in for some OT. Supposed to be crazy windy today, and it's already pretty bad. Got an email late last night, ///Motorcycle buyer flaked. Not sure if scam avoided, or craigslist buyers eat donkey dick.

haha, craigslist. I get to enjoy that mess soon.

My new BMC arrives tomorrow. Woot! Bigger meatier cheesier.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Finished building up my Smuggler yesterday and took it out for my first ride in the woods this year. Had a bit too much air in my suspension, but this thing is amazing. My last bike was V1 Bronson which has a rather short TT. On paper the numbers are very different, but the SBG geometry feels very neutral. It feels like a mini monster truck, but it corners like it is on rails and it crawls thru the slow techy gnar with very little effort. It will be a great bike for riding in the Maine woods.

Now work and another ride on it tonight. Party.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Still feel sleepy. Kids were a pain last night: Mariko had an epic tantrum ostensibly about her wanting me to fill her water bottle (she’s perfectly capable of doing this herself so I told her that she must do it) and Yuna came out 3 times after bedtime to squeeze out two drops of pee. At least they were down and settled by 7:45. Exhausting.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Took a day off to recognize the uterus eviction day and am spending it with a likely-going-nowhere job interview in the city, terrible traffic experience included. Perhaps I will get me a bruins jersey on my way home? :think:

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Forwarding company "lost" my brand new bike, bikepark holiday for the end of the month had already been booked.

I better hit the bongshed quick or there will be casualties.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Fishing, beer, and shedding after work. Officially in my new place in J-town Just need to go pick up one more load for the old place.
Hummingbirds are back.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tired. Hannah is back to daycare today. CO teacher strike is today (which I totally support), so we had to find somewhere to drop Haley. Thankfully we were able to get Haley into the kindie class at Hannah's school for the day, otherwise I would have missed another day this week. Nothing like taking off most of a week for no actual fun.

Wifey and I were talking about the option of me leaving work and watching the kids until Hannah is a toddler (~2 years) - basically until my securities licenses are close to expiring. My effective income after the cost of daycare is ~$26k net ($32k gross) less. That would give me time to get my CFP finished and get her through the baby phase. We ran the numbers last night and while she would need to get a pretty substantial raise, it's not out of possible range though. She has saved the company a massive amount of money (very high six figures with another $500k+ on the table) and the sales are up since she took control of marketing. It might actually be feasible and with my job/skillset, I can step back into career with no issues. We have friends who have asked to do a baby watch swap (2 days-2 kids, 2 days-no kids, 1 day-1 kid) as well, so that makes that feasible as well.

And... I just got a call that Layla was walking around the neighborhood.Garage door was open and the house door didn't fully close. Neighbor threw her back in and closed both doors. Apparently she tried to lick him to death.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Rode to work, riding to the ride, riding the ride, then riding home. My back already hurts.

Not sure if scam avoided, or craigslist buyers eat donkey dick.
Yes.

Oh shit, that looks like the right answer for raising / lowering the jacks stands on my camper.

I wanna ride my bike.
Pro tip: go ride your bike.

I am screwing up this whole paid severance period totally...
I'm certain this has been mentioned before on this forum, but I am available for #funemployment consultation.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Tired. Hannah is back to daycare today. CO teacher strike is today (which I totally support), so we had to find somewhere to drop Haley. Thankfully we were able to get Haley into the kindie class at Hannah's school for the day, otherwise I would have missed another day this week. Nothing like taking off most of a week for no actual fun.

Wifey and I were talking about the option of me leaving work and watching the kids until Hannah is a toddler (~2 years) - basically until my securities licenses are close to expiring. My effective income after the cost of daycare is ~$26k net ($32k gross) less. That would give me time to get my CFP finished and get her through the baby phase. We ran the numbers last night and while she would need to get a pretty substantial raise, it's not out of possible range though. She has saved the company a massive amount of money (very high six figures with another $500k+ on the table) and the sales are up since she took control of marketing. It might actually be feasible and with my job/skillset, I can step back into career with no issues. We have friends who have asked to do a baby watch swap (2 days-2 kids, 2 days-no kids, 1 day-1 kid) as well, so that makes that feasible as well.

And... I just got a call that Layla was walking around the neighborhood.Garage door was open and the house door didn't fully close. Neighbor threw her back in and closed both doors. Apparently she tried to lick him to death.
that sounds decidedly anti-monocle.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fishing, beer, and shedding after work. Officially in my new place in J-town Just need to go pick up one more load for the old place.
Hummingbirds are back.
Surprising that J-town is 500ft lower than me. I put our feeder out yesterday and got dive-bombed before I'd even hung it.

I seem to be in a hose cutting and brake bleeding groundhog day with our bikes at the moment.