Quantcast

***Thursderp GMT***

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Wifey and I were talking about the option of me leaving work and watching the kids until Hannah is a toddler (~2 years) .
DO IT

We've been thinking about this as well. I don't make as much money as you do, but the biotech industry has been very kind to us, and I toyed with the idea of being a stayathomedad. I ended up finding a job that paid more than my current one but halved the commute, so it was kind of a no-brainer, but with daycare costs being so extreme, it starts to become a push with the finances. unfortunately, my daughter is still in pre-K and we don't want to take her out, so we'd still have a daycare bill while I'd be at home kicking it with the little homey. Once my daughter hits kindergarten, my wife might take my place for a few years.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I seem to have a stupid curiosity about owning a 2001ish Toyota Echo two door hatch.

Put a roof rack on it and it'd be perfect for commuting and hitting the trails.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Surprising that J-town is 500ft lower than me. I put our feeder out yesterday and got dive-bombed before I'd even hung it.

I seem to be in a hose cutting and brake bleeding groundhog day with our bikes at the moment.
we are at 7k on the north facing side of the canyon. holds snow forever. may have something to do with it.
where are you?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yup. Actually seeing and raising one's own kids is a luxury in and of itself.
This might be enough to get me to sell the ///M. Clean all of the (-)'s off the balance sheet except the mtge

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Haven't been here for a while as I have been in the Hospital for 6 days. Just got out last night. I had a Heart Attack during sex. They had to revive me twice. I was swirling the Bowl. Shit was no joke. Not many more pizzas or trips to the bongshed for me anymore. Drastic lifestyle changes in order for me. Just need to be Honest with myself. So there. No matter how good you think your insurance is. It is probably not. Catheters are no joke either. Zarelto and related drugs are $500/month for the rest of my life.
Hospital.jpg
I lost 20 lbs in 6 days. Had I not had atleast a reasonable amount of fitness I would surely be dead. The Hospital bill is $58,000.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Jim. Dude. :( Glad you're still among the living. Take care of this so it stays that way.
In all seriously, how did the woman react? Did she call 911, we're you able?

Haven't been here for a while as I have been in the Hospital for 6 days. Just got out last night. I had a Heart Attack during sex. They had to revive me twice. I was swirling the Bowl. Shit was no joke. Not many more pizzas or trips to the bongshed for me anymore. Drastic lifestyle changes in order for me. Just need to be Honest with myself. So there. No matter how good you think your insurance is. It is probably not. Catheters are no joke either. Zarelto and related drugs are $500/month for the rest of my life.View attachment 128651 I lost 20 lbs in 6 days. Had I not had atleast a reasonable amount of fitness I would surely be dead. The Hospital bill is $58,000.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Haven't been here for a while as I have been in the Hospital for 6 days. Just got out last night. I had a Heart Attack during sex. They had to revive me twice. I was swirling the Bowl. Shit was no joke. Not many more pizzas or trips to the bongshed for me anymore. Drastic lifestyle changes in order for me. Just need to be Honest with myself. So there. No matter how good you think your insurance is. It is probably not. Catheters are no joke either. Zarelto and related drugs are $500/month for the rest of my life.View attachment 128651 I lost 20 lbs in 6 days. Had I not had atleast a reasonable amount of fitness I would surely be dead. The Hospital bill is $58,000.
holy shnikes. that's scary shit man. take care of yourself.

and you can now join 'squeeb and GFF in the "I'm not quite dead yet" club.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
i've never seen an unemployed monocle. or a stay at home monocle, if you will.
I thought real monocole (and I mean the ultra-monocle, the 1% of the 1%), were pretty much stay-at-home, in that they do their work wherever and whenever they want. There is no office, there is a myriad of places one can do work.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I thought real monocole (and I mean the ultra-monocle, the 1% of the 1%), were pretty much stay-at-home, in that they do their work wherever and whenever they want. There is no office, there is a myriad of places one can do work.
the point is they are still earning money.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Your kids wont care about the balance sheet........
:stupid: this. so much this. (even if it would drive my crazy to spend more time with them...)

Drastic lifestyle changes in order for me.
maybe lay off the glitter!?!?! seems there's a correlation between glitter and catastrophic health issues. and we all know correlation = causation.

That said, I'm glad you're here. I always enjoy your diatribes. I will miss the pictures of the perfect pizzas though.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Jim. Dude. :( Glad you're still among the living. Take care of this so it stays that way.
In all seriously, how did the woman react? Did she call 911, we're you able?
I don't expect to hear from her again. I finished the job and woke up in the Hospital. I have no idea what happened.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sorry to hear Jim, sounds like your date saved your life? Get better soon!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Holy balls. :thumbsdown:

Did the doctor prescribe more glitter, or less?

Glad you're still with us Jim.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Haven't been here for a while as I have been in the Hospital for 6 days. Just got out last night. I had a Heart Attack during sex. They had to revive me twice. I was swirling the Bowl. Shit was no joke. Not many more pizzas or trips to the bongshed for me anymore. Drastic lifestyle changes in order for me. Just need to be Honest with myself. So there. No matter how good you think your insurance is. It is probably not. Catheters are no joke either. Zarelto and related drugs are $500/month for the rest of my life. I lost 20 lbs in 6 days. Had I not had atleast a reasonable amount of fitness I would surely be dead. The Hospital bill is $58,000.

good god damn, man. so glad you are still kicking.
and yeah, fuck hospital bills but it beats the eternal nap

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Oh, I know. But taking two years effectively off, then the $450/m being paid on the Infiniti and the $70/m being paid on the M for insurance (let alone $3k/y maintenance) need to go away. That makes my necessary gross for the next two years go down by $37k. Some of that will be eaten up by house cost (Wifey wanted upgrades - but cost will be lower because I'm doing it, etc.) That means the spread is getting well into negotiating levels with her employer leavings a +/- $10-15k of "need" levels. Wifey's mom will be here by fall, so the 2/0/1 option becomes 2 (with help)/0/1 (with help or none). That means 2-3 days no kids, so side job level if needed...[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Shit man. Get better. Getting some, but get better.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I just lost somone to a heart attack, im glad your still with us, take care of yourself and get better soon.

My Karla stays at home with the kids, while she likes it, its hard for her. Its kinda isolating and she doesnt have any family near by, or many available friends. The second i get home its my turn with the kids. So makes for long days for me. I usually only work 6 hours a day and bring the kids to work with me on friday. Its different but works for us.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
A couple of my colleagues with the same boss just got laid off today. I am finally back in my small suburban town, about to enjoy lunch and beers. A ride later this afternoon is a possibility.