Quantcast

Ti Spokes

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I built many a DH/Slalom wheel with Marwi ti-spokes, never had an issue, some good thread butter was needed, tension felt a little weird with my hands, but many a race was won on those wheels.
I had the weight savings written down, dont remember now. It was more of a trick factor, no point in using them really.
But if you decide to use them, you will be fine with a good wheel builder.

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
my front wheel is 800g using a dmr 20mm hub, brass nipples and ztr flow rims. I'd say the weight is comparable to a wheel built with tripple butted spokes. The benifit is strength, with the Ti spokes you can use 14g nipps, but with DT supercomps you have to run 15g.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
i've been running marwi ti spokes for years on dh bikes & they've been surprisingly durable. tensioning does feel odd in comparison to steel, but they do make a nice stable build. weight for 32 is ~124g, which is about 100g lighter per wheel than a steel spoke (2.0). a bit lighter than cx rays as well (~20g). of course the most awesome feature is the pretty colors:

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
I've used the DT discontinued ones for years, with a few failures,but may ahve happened with any spoke. Make sure you have the lightest hub and rim before turning to ti spokes to save weight.