Quantcast

Tiger Mtn to open early!!

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Skookum said:
"if" i'm still working in Redmond i can make the Thurs. 4:30. :)
4:30??? dood - you sure you don't work in a corporate environment where the game is see who can push off the deadline the longest? :D

(kidding! see you on Thurs!)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Jr_Bullit said:
4:30??? dood - you sure you don't work in a corporate environment where the game is see who can push off the deadline the longest? :D

(kidding! see you on Thurs!)
haha i hope i can make it, and if i can, i hope i can make it before that time. If not i can climb and catch you guys on the hill, unless i bring my Bullit, then i'll just take my time and then catch you on the descent. :evil:

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Skookum said:
haha i hope i can make it, and if i can, i hope i can make it before that time. If not i can climb and catch you guys on the hill, unless i bring my Bullit, then i'll just take my time and then catch you on the descent. :evil:
:D ya, we hope you can make it too....Sure would be a blow to the climbers ego if we can all be caught the first day on theTiger fire road ;) :dead:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Skookum said:
Ha, if I can weez my way to the top you will not catch the Jykell on the way down :sneaky: :eviltongu :evil:

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I am thinking of taking advantage tomorrow of the early opening, but it has been a long time since I have ridden there. Is this map accurate?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Skookum, you know how to do the, "unofficial figure 8"?

BTW:Yeah, the map is accurate as any and better than most.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Borneo said:
Skookum, you know how to do the, "unofficial figure 8"?

BTW:Yeah, the map is accurate as any and better than most.
yes i wish it was the official figure 8 and i wish they would allow us to cut more trail to get all that road out of the loop.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Phil, the "new" state guy there, used to be over at Tahuya and he's a big time mountain biker. So, chances of that are getting better. Albeit slim.
Once tried to get a, heels to wheels" conversion made on that trail 'cuz none of the hikers ever use it.
Shot down in flames...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Borneo said:
Phil, the "new" state guy there, used to be over at Tahuya and he's a big time mountain biker. So, chances of that are getting better. Albeit slim.
Once tried to get a, heels to wheels" conversion made on that trail 'cuz none of the hikers ever use it.
Shot down in flames...
Well, can't hurt to ask... again, and again, and again, and again. :)

it's amazing that DNR is so resistant to BBTC or any other IMBA affiliated group cutting new trails on land that is eventually going to be clearcut anyways. Meh government..... must be way too much paperwork involved. :rolleyes:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Skooks, it isn't the DNR. For the most part, theya re awesome. It's the HOHA(hateful old hiker attitude) coming from the Issaquah Alps Trails Club which has felt like they owned Tiger for a very, very long time. The DNR is just stuck in the middle...

Still asking though. Hikers don't use over 50% of the trails out there. Maybe 2-3 a week. If that. But, they are designated, "hiker only" and getting that undone is harder than getting approval for a new trail. Even if they don't use it.