Quantcast

Tight Pants (in defense of)

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Zach, I know you don't care, and Lord knows your opinion of me doesn't really mean anything either. I guess I wouldn't choose to stoop to the behavior of my 8th grade students because I have an issue with a post thats a little to long for my attention span.

Cheers, buddy.
#1 i don't have an opinion of you. Just posted a funny picture for the book you wrote.

#2 I don't have to stoop to the level of 8th graders, cuz all i have to do is stoop to my own level. Ya heard?

#4 Would i be ultra kewl if i wore my Dickies extra tight?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
at first i thought i was fighting a losing battle in this thread, but then people just started attacking me (rather than coming up w/ intelligent responses) and i knew i had already won.
You started a thread defending wearing tight pants on a dirtjump forum.

I can definitely thing of much more manly things to do.

Last edited:

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Getting your jeans caught in the gears is for xc and road bikes. Never have I ever gotten a pair of jeans sucked into a bike with a single front chainring.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I have to roll my pant leg up when I ride my fixie. On my 20 and 24 it seems ok, but sometimes it gets sucked in between the seatstay and tire when I do spin stuff on my 20, not fun.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Wait till you are rolling fakie at high speed and a pantleg goes into your front sprocket.... OUCH. Trust me, it's ugly.

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
Wait till you are rolling fakie at high speed and a pantleg goes into your front sprocket.... OUCH. Trust me, it's ugly.
I've had that happen, its not fun. I flipped over backwards and almost landed on my head. It still isn't bad enough to make me where tight pants

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
oh man that hurts so bad and its so sudden rapid unexpededly retarded and painful. first experience lessons suck.
thats why i always roll a pantleg up on the drive side.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
you guys are still talking about pants? dang yo i've moved on to kilts!

and zach dank... you are the devil.

"i'm way too baked to drive to the devil's house"

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Its not even the fakie thing for me, rather when your airing a quarter and you get stuck, perhaps you need to take that foot off and it won't go anywhere. Thats where I have had some uncomfortable situations.

And I love my kilt, but then you run into issues with catching on the nose of your seat, etc etc.

joelalamo45

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Idaho Springs, Colorado
Ok i just got owned...

:)

In my defense, it was in my contract with Mongoose that I had to wear whatever uniform that was provided by them. I didn't wear tight pants when I practiced or to school, just comps and photo shoots. Everything else was baggy shorts.

BTW, my Mongoose factory contract was $3,000 for that year. I was banking. :) Things have changed a bit, huh?

I like at the bottom of the article where it spells out how I replaced Dennis McCoy on that team with Joe Johnson. Funny thing is, Dennis told me "dude, don't work with that b*tch Micke Conte, you'll regret it." I was like, yeah dude, I'll be fine... 3 months later, me and Joe are stranded in a hotel room in Detroit, no money and trying to get home. DMC was right. BMX was pretty shady back then.

Last edited:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Ok i just got owned...

Everything else was baggy shorts. . . .
yep... i had black Vision Street Wear shorts with skulls on em. even knee pads were cool. black Rectors.
. . . hehhheh. damn did Vision own the sport back then. look at the ramp. their logo was bigger than the AFA's.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Yeah you're still under 20.

Your whole life is compensation. :D

Like feeling the need to start a thread about defending your clothes on a bike forum. :rofl:

I don't really care but you just make it so easy. ;)
they're hardly even my clothes. i own one pair of 511's that i ride in, and those are not even tight on me. i was just defending all the people that get bashed because someone feels the need to attack their clothes on a bike forum.

and if getting laid by two different girls right now is compensation, then i'll take that as a compliment.:biggrin:

joelalamo45

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Idaho Springs, Colorado
Yeah, I'm dating two girls in Canada... I could show them to you, but they live in Canada and are on vacation and will probably transfer to some school in France or something. But I swear, I'm hittin two chicks right now...

From Canada and stuff.

:)

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Big deal. I am hitting 5 chicks at once - and nearly everyday. Sure they are small but they know what I like.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I only read about three of the posts in this thread, but I just had to say...

what kind of dude concerns themselves with what dudes are wearing?

I mean, really. If your so concerned that some guy is wearing girls pants (and maybe that makes him a homo or something (not even in the gay way, ya know...)) then you seriously might consider some of your own shtuf...
When I think about people that get overly concerned with what others are wearing, I think of chicks. you know, girls...

However, haveing said that. Are those skin tight pants part lycra? How do you ride a bike in skin tight pants without ripping the seams out and stuff?

Last edited:

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
However, haveing said that. Are those skin tight pants part lycra? How do you ride a bike in skin tight pants without ripping the seams out and stuff?

When you weigh 110 lbs, and have no muscle mass, you don't rip pants. Simple physics really.

tfree120

Chimp
Jun 11, 2007
Towson
I gotta add on. I'd like to say I wear tight jeans, but not full on skin tight. That's what I ride street and jumps with all the time. I also rock my saddle pretty low... Today I threw on a pair of baggy jeans and went out for a ride. All okay until I had to readjust on my saddle after a jump and felt my pants getting sucked into the tire. All of a sudden I felt my bare ass burning against 1000s of micro knobs. Besides that it scared the **** out of me, all was okay. Just a little sore. Tight pants definitely do serve a purpose. Just for me, it's to save my ass.