Quantcast

Timberline Bike Park

TheSquid

Chimp
Dec 15, 2009
Do people honestly have nothing better to do but rant on about problems with certain groups of mountain bikers fun? This guy obviously has never been to ski bowl!!...its probably no less than 10 miles down the road on virtually the same mountain and i'm no environmental expert but i see none of his "projected" problems anywhere at the ski bowl side. He must also know who the hell is going to be running this show, Gravity Logic if im not an idiot (which i am not) the group who is responsible for arguably the most successful bike park ever!! and he thinks a dozen trails will tamper with the visual experience of the resort/ historic landmark?? I'll tell you what, if you took an average tourist who is pulled in to the visual stunning views and lookouts of Timberline lodge and put him/or her on the mountain do you honestly think they would spy into the dankness that is a PNW forest and say 'hey what is that 3ft wide trail doing down there?...i dont want to come here anymore' NO!!..hell no they dont even know its there!! If i was unknown to mountain biking and you put me at the base of Whistler and told me the biggest bike park in the world was up there I'd laugh in your face!

Direct Quote: "Ask yourself this: What do nearly 2 million visitors each year come to Timberline to see, to breathe, to feel?"

This is where **** hit the fan for me, this guy really is a one-sided ignorant so-called columnist like my fellow friend stated above. Does this creature realize what 2 million people looks like!!!...not to mention how 2 million people can impact a "Historical Landmark", I can say with confidence a few hundred bikes and a load of new revenue will never in a million years equal the amount of people Timberline already gets so it couldn't possibly be hurting the scene there, so therefore it has to be good, call me an idealist but thats how it works folks.

Another pathetic rant by the uninformed, seems to be the norm these days, no?

Whatev i'll sure as dick be up there when this place opens