Quantcast

***Time Change GMT***

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Last night was crazy busy..... Lots of searches, lots of goodies discovered.

Also, will be learning proper, key word is proper, technique for field sutures as part of a wilderness survival training. Fun fun.....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Bicycles were ridden yesterday, time to decide which bike and where to ride today.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Back to work tomorrow. MIL gone today. Ready to go back to sleep.

Spent an hour at Home Depot trying to get a quote on carpet for the rest of our house. The carpet that went down in November is no longer available as a normal model so it has to be special ordered and we don't know the cost. The closest color, thickness, feel, etc is almost double the price that we paid for the basement carpet. Might get to go to a local carpet store for an estimate as well - not really how I wanted to spend the rest of my weekend.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Meh, I just hate March. I am a OK with the DST change but I would be happier if we just kept it year long and didn't go to the winter darkness bullshit every winter. Can we join the Maritimes in Canada yet?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Carnival of the Animals with the kiddos this afternoon. For now, hoping they're not up to too much mischief as they play upstairs unattended. I have MATLAB work to do--curve fitting is the project of the day.

Edit: MATLAB's cftool is amazing. I was contemplating how to write my own interpolation routine last night (messy data--not all X values corresponding to time stamps line up), yet it is this polished, fully functional project that made it trivial.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
do not quite remember what i ate yesterday but the morning dump was a thing of violence....

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Goodmorning. Im pretty beat, kids fifth bday party yesterday, had people over and it rained. Plan was to have everyone outside, that failed. Now its sunny out.

But i need your guys help. Trump is more than likely going to drive by my work/property when he goes to look at the border walls. I really wanna do something. Maybe a sign, maybe get the lunch truck to sell trump tacos. (hot dog in tortilla). I dont know, any ideas?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I slept in, or woke up as usual depending on how you look at it. Went and bushwhacked some steep stuff looking for new trail spots. Might have found some..

I really hope that the sun comes out and stays out.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Maybe your work. That would be hard to make big enough by Tuesday
I posted it from work.

Take it to Kinko's?
Fucking taxes... apparently we are living the monocle lyfe and not paying our bi-weekly share.

Oof. Good thing it isn't due until mid April. :homer:
Run in to that issue the last couple years, but we prepare for it. Paying down the mortgage kills the interest deduction. Still smarter than getting a refund though....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
Run in to that issue the last couple years, but we prepare for it. Paying down the mortgage kills the interest deduction. Still smarter than getting a refund though....
Good catch on the "o" - :D

Yeah - deductions are all down - can't deduct any IRA contributions due to monocle status. Fortunately, now that we owe a small fortune... the wife is no longer working. :think:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I get why the US Army thought the soviets must have had a mind control technique/device to convince people to come to their side. Today my father has claimed there are some subliminal messages on our state tv station since some of his "rather liberal" friends started watching a local batshit insane religious tv station... He even has a Movie Editor friend who checked it for him. Told him to better stay away from his friend before he gets a tinfoil hat for his upcoming birthday.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
"Your phone hasn't been used for more than 24 hours and needs your code to get unlocked" - I must be doing something right. :think:

Meh. The damn snow isn't melting quickly enough, everything is still sloppy. Rode across town and back, climbed some semi-paved trails, general misery prevails. Having spent a large part of the day on a new style resume and not being done yet makes me a dull boy, too.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Hmm, now they're saying a blockbuster 12+" storm is a possibility for Boston on Tuesday. :panic:
I like my Hok skis but I don't like them *that* much. :help:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My cousin brutally beat my other cousin. Shae had to airlifted to the Hospital. Karen is in jail. So is her step mom. Jeez. Banjos are playing in the holler shit. Ontario folks are losing it. I only kinda care...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
70 degrees today. Hit some lame trails, hand felt OK but the thumb started swelling a few hours after the ride. Better than not riding I guess.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'd like to say I had a productive day. @Nick joined me ski boot shopping today and helped (really did) entertain Haley while I was getting fitted. Nice having somebody with your who knows what the hell they are talking about and is not trying to sell you something when shopping for something pretty expensive.

MIL went home today, which sent Haley into a shit fit. She really doesn't like it when people leave because she doesn't get to see them enough as it is. Doesn't help that our normal 'out' is going to the park, biking, etc and she busted her arm again.

Also, I just took a swig of IPA thinking it was black cherry soda. I was not ready for that.