Quantcast

Time for some house cleaning.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I am going to delete some rarely used forums. I think that all of the international and snowboard forums will be cut.

I am going to add regional forums for the US and Canada. Suggestions? Comments?

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
RM...the snowboarding area has been slow but Ski season is coming up and the forum will start getting more activity. It would be cool to have that forum there, at least through the winter, so skiers and snowboarders have a place to chat.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
How about this.....

There is already a section for bad sellers/scams in the "for sale" area.........

How about about adding an "segment" that is for positive experiences with other monkeys?

I have recently had good dealings with some people and it would be cool to let others know that I have had a good experience with this buyer/seller/trader.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Joe Pozer said:
RM...the snowboarding area has been slow but Ski season is coming up and the forum will start getting more activity. It would be cool to have that forum there, at least through the winter, so skiers and snowboarders have a place to chat.
I agree with JP. Maybe change the "snowboarding" moniker to "snow" so we're spared the "we need a skiing forum" rants that always seem to degrade into pissing matches about who is cooler/more 'core/faster/whatever.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I agree that we should keep the snowboard forum, but rename it and make it for all winter sports. I will post in there once ski/snowboard seasons picks up. We don't need a seperate snowboard gear forum though.

Forums I think we should eliminate:
Polls
Beginners
Trials
Asia
South America
Snowboard Gear

Combine Tech Talk and Mechanics.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Joe Pozer said:
snow forum or not - all this tends to gets discussed in the lounge....

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Acadian said:
snow forum or not - all this tends to gets discussed in the lounge....
The problem is that there are times over the winter when info/advice/etc. is requested. It would get buried fast in the lounge.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
will you make my southeast photo thread a sticky and not delete it?there are some good pics in there

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
you can bring back the sa forum and let me be the moderator in there. i will keep all nudity and questionable material out.

Dizzy666

Chimp
Nov 23, 2004
How bout race talk only and freeride tlak only and such...kinda getting sick on ppl ragging on me because i dont huck myself off buildings on my d9 and i use it for racing only

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
if all these monkey's are abotu snow/ski whatever forums is needed.. can u just make it into a winter forum..

so winter riders/pix can happen...as well as all those snow bunnies can post

i dont know just my suggestion

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Combine the Rocky Mountain and Colorado forums, combine tech talk/mechanic q+a, keep beginners, put CX in with the roadies, change XC to XC/Trail...and yeah.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Dizzy666 said:
How bout race talk only and freeride tlak only and such...kinda getting sick on ppl ragging on me because i dont huck myself off buildings on my d9 and i use it for racing only
Dude you have 1 post. And it was this one. :confused:

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
ditch the utah, montana, wyoming forum, it only get's traffic from wanks who want to boost their post count, combine it with the colorado forum. Tech Talk and Mechanics Q&A can be 1 forum, say so long to free stuff, it get's like 2 threads a year that are actually for free stuff. Put a daily cap on # of posts in the lounge, woops did I actually type that, I meant, yeah, the lounge is cool for killin' it online. I don't think any forums need to be added.