Quantcast

Timo's new bikes

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Looks trick, Scott makes some pretty incredible products... seems to be a lack of respect/knowledge of them in north america recently... although that seems to be slowly changing.

Macneil has made a 31.8 post for well over a year now.
I've had one on my old Sinister SplinterMX, think I made a thread about it quite some time ago too if you're motivated enough to search (edit: my bad, that's a 30.9 on my bike).
They have a funky flare in the OD towards the top though.

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
The Scott one is machined straight all the way up to the head. The one in the pic has the buldge but the others that I saw were slammable. I never saw your Splinter so now I will try and search for it.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
The Scott one is machined straight all the way up to the head. The one in the pic has the buldge but the others that I saw were slammable. I never saw your Splinter so now I will try and search for it.

EDIT: I found the thread here: RM thread

hey, I just searched too... I don't think I posted it here on RM, probably had it before I joined here.
So here's a link to the mtbr thread I made: click

quick pic from awhile back (minor changes since then, including tree lite 33t machined for 9spd chain...):

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
It weighs the same as the old one give or take 50 grams.

Nice bike Satori. Do you still have it/ride the trails?

I am off to go building on one of my trails. I am trying to get a pic up of my new hardtail but keep running out of time, maybe tonight. This is one of the spots I have been working on lately.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland

my brother took this pic and if you look closely the seat post is welded into the frame and then painted. It was only for a couple people but still cool. His cans are sick too.