Quantcast

$tinkle, did you get notification that the magazine was closing?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Is it just me, or are the cover models strangely Aryan looking?

I love the artivcel with Obma and the teleprompter...you know, Republicans never use those things. From teh depths of hell they are...

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
The entire thing is hilarious. In the link above (10 pages shown), I can't find anyone that's not-white except for Obama (real, and a caricature).

The people that they got to write it is even funnier... I mean, "The First Black President: Ronald Reagan" is funny enough on it's own, but not only was it NOT written by a young person or a black person, it was written by this guy:

Right, because that's who can really relate to "kids these days". Or sex advice from this guy:

I mean, I highly doubt that there is a single teenager in the entire country who said "oooh, I want to read that, Daddy, would you get me a subscription?" Far more likely it was "So, we heard an advertisement for this on the Glenn Beck show, and we thought it would be perfect for you. Merry Christmas!"

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
And this has "Teenage pregnancy shotgun wedding" written all over it
Nah, it has "the only teen male model we could find is a closeted homosexual, who is using photo shoots with girls as his beard, when he really just likes to play dress up" written all over it

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
More background on it (from the original link).

I honestly would have thought it was a spoof, but newspapers have talked to people who claimed to have gotten a subscription (for their kid), and it seems to be the real deal... Now it seems like someone spent the $10 on the domain name and forwarded it to the SPCA (which is an AWESOME idea).

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
magazines, as a medium, have long been irrelevant

have a friend trying to jump start his business by appearing relevant & contemporary through direct mailing.

if ever there was a well-funded bad idea

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
That chick looks a LOT like one I uh, used to know. Except with longer hair.

I mostly find this amusing because she was full blown bat**** crazy hippie, though she hadn't yet forgone shaving/showering.