Quantcast

$tinkle writing for Grover Norquist?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
"This remark is the equivalent of using the 'n' word. It shows contempt for middle America, expressed knowingly, contemptuously, on purpose, and with a smirk. It is indefensible to use this word. The president knows what it means, and his people know what it means. The public thought we reached a new low of incivility during the Clinton administration. Well, the Obama administration has just outdone them," ATR president Grover Norquist tells Inside the Beltway.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/may/05/strong-brew/

Sounds like his work, doesn't it?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think conservatives are using political correctness to their own advantage.

We are all taught to avoid using discriminatory offensive terms, but this is ultimately determined by a social and cultural consensus.

Really, anyone can say any term is offensive to a certain group, and it is near impossible to argue against it.

The reality is that I can say tea-bagger and no one will be offended but if I use the n-word, there will be plenty of offense, both by blacks and non-blacks.

Nigger has been used with so much hatred for so long, it is also closely associated with violence. The only reason why it has been co-opted by the rap and urban culture because of its strong social taboo, the "naughtiest of naughty words".

But, yes, tea-bagger might offend certain segments of the white population. I bet they will be crying into their lattes and keyboards after hearing the word.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Nigger has been used with so much hatred for so long, it is also closely associated with violence. The only reason why it has been co-opted by the rap and urban culture because of its strong social taboo, the "naughtiest of naughty words.

But, yes, tea-bagger might offend certain segments of the white population. I bet they will be crying into their lattes and keyboards after hearing the word.
When I get to start lynching teabaggers and bringing years of state sponsored discrimination and terror to them, then they can complain.

And white Republicans wonder why they can't make inroads with black voters...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
i think this was largely undone w/ teh james byrd incident
Yeah, uppity negroes getting all mad when a white man provides a black man with transportation.

They should have been grateful, but they weren't. That just shows you what the Democrat party culture of entitlement does to the black race.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i get the feeling we're the only ones who find ourselves funny.

wanna go snort some meth? i know a guy who says he's not quite sampled out...can see his house from here...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
i get the feeling we're the only ones who find ourselves funny.

wanna go snort some meth? i know a guy who says he's not quite sampled out...can see his house from here...
Nah, I'm good. I can get that kind of action for free, I don't need to pay for it.

Anyways, read my post above and tell me that you'd be surprised to find out a GOP congressman from Nagger Hater, Alabama said that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I had a co-worker jump all over me once because when asked where another co-worker was from, I called them a Mexican. I think that most Mexicans would be disturbed to find out that Mexican is considered a slur.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
You want to see a Canadian get mildly perturbed? Call him an American...
wtf does a perturbed canuck do? withhold "you're welcome" when you thank him? give you only a slightly chilled labatt's?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
wtf does a perturbed canuck do? withhold "you're welcome" when you thank him? give you only a slightly chilled labatt's?
Oh no, nothing that severe. A slight change in body language would be called for, I'd think.

The slightly chilled beer is on the same level as a formal declaration of war...

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I had a co-worker jump all over me once because when asked where another co-worker was from, I called them a Mexican. I think that most Mexicans would be disturbed to find out that Mexican is considered a slur.
a vet tech i worked with referred to her parents as puddle jumpers....