Quantcast

Tioga Factory DH tire for mud?

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
I'm going to Whistler this weekend, and it's looking like it'll be really muddy. I can't afford mud tires, but I happen to have some 2.3" Tioga Factory DH's (I have both front and rear). How do those work in mud? I currently run a 2.5" Minion front and 2.35" High Roller rear. What combination should I start with?

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Minions rip it up in the mud, as far as anthing goes. go with what you like best. even really good mud tires slip all over the place in the mud, nothing is going to keep you glued to the trail in tall mud.

have fun

Hrelp

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
After owning a Tioga Factory DH I can't find a single condition it would be good for..

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I ran tioga's here my first year...they suck in the wet/mud here. They might be cheap but you get what you paid for.

To be honest your current setup would be better. (its exactly what I run)

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Originally posted by 66
Minions rip it up in the mud, as far as anthing goes. go with what you like best. even really good mud tires slip all over the place in the mud, nothing is going to keep you glued to the trail in tall mud.
You want to try some Michelin Mud 3s then - I was totally blown away when I tried them for the first time at a muddy race last year :D

IronhorseCT

Monkey
Feb 20, 2002
Trumbull,CT
Tioga? They have the worst side knob in the biz....Could never ride off camber without washing out....As far as mud, like riding on ice skates....

B

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
A lot of Whistler will still be pretty hardpacked, just slimey on top... High Rollers usually work pretty well in that. I've not tired Minions yet.