Quantcast

|||| Tired legs Monday GTM ||||

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
By being completely under the blankets i wasnt getting enough oxygen and it was fucking with my dreams in a bigly way.
My medical opinion is that oxygen levels under the blankets were fine, but your autoerotic choking of the neck and chicken alike was leading to the hypoxic state

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
What did you get and what kind of Tie Downs are you going to use?
I found an older Phoenix pop-up that appears to be in pretty darn good shape. There's some water staining on the inside layer of the insulated canvas, but the roof seems good as the structural parts of the roof had no water damage that I could see. The whole thing seems to be in good shape for an older camper. I'm stoked, it's light (950#) and should work in my gen 1 Tundra really well.

I'll be using the tiedowns the guy is giving me with the camper, they look like this:

I'm sure these aren't "the best" I can get but I think they'll work in the short term until I can sort out what I'll really need. I have a buddy that used to have a Gen 1 Tundra and now has a Gen 2, and last I checked he still had the Torklift style mounts for his Gen 1 that I might be able to get for a decent price.

I have to offload the topper from my truck this evening, picking the camper up from the dude tomorrow at some point. I'll snap some pictures when it's on my truck, the seller already deleted the CL ad otherwise I'd link it up. It'll need some work: it's currently without a battery or the wiring to run things on 12v. Gonna try and pick up what I need to do that this week, then wire it up in the desert this weekend. Because why not do a shakedown trip to Mojab 2 days after you buy a camper?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I found an older Phoenix pop-up that appears to be in pretty darn good shape. There's some water staining on the inside layer of the insulated canvas, but the roof seems good as the structural parts of the roof had no water damage that I could see. The whole thing seems to be in good shape for an older camper. I'm stoked, it's light (950#) and should work in my gen 1 Tundra really well.

I'll be using the tiedowns the guy is giving me with the camper, they look like this:

I'm sure these aren't "the best" I can get but I think they'll work in the short term until I can sort out what I'll really need. I have a buddy that used to have a Gen 1 Tundra and now has a Gen 2, and last I checked he still had the Torklift style mounts for his Gen 1 that I might be able to get for a decent price.

I have to offload the topper from my truck this evening, picking the camper up from the dude tomorrow at some point. I'll snap some pictures when it's on my truck, the seller already deleted the CL ad otherwise I'd link it up. It'll need some work: it's currently without a battery or the wiring to run things on 12v. Gonna try and pick up what I need to do that this week, then wire it up in the desert this weekend. Because why not do a shakedown trip to Mojab 2 days after you buy a camper?
go here for some fast help in sorting things out

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/25966285.cfm

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Rode about 30 miles in Grand Teton National Park on closed roads. Hit about 30 on the way out on flat (ish) roads, so I knew I would have a rippin' headwind on the way back. Great way to start the day...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Nice dude! Saw that you called, sorry I missed it, we have super bad reception in our building at work.

Holler at me once you figure out what 12V stuff you need, I have a few things laying around that I was planning in putting in the trailer I'm about to list for sale. :rofl:. I know I for sure have a 100A surface mount breaker, a 12 spot Blue Sea fuse block, some mil-spec battery terminals, battery/wire terminals, and more wire than one man who doesn't do this for a living should have.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Nice dude! Saw that you called, sorry I missed it, we have super bad reception in our building at work.

Holler at me once you figure out what 12V stuff you need, I have a few things laying around that I was planning in putting in the trailer I'm about to list for sale. :rofl:. I know I for sure have a 100A surface mount breaker, a 12 spot Blue Sea fuse block, some mil-spec battery terminals, and a more wire than one man who doesn't do this for a living should have.
Roger Wilco.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Fuck ya monday. Got a notice of violation from the city. Graffiti and i have ten days to paint it or else. Not sure what the or else is. Code enforcement officer said it was from the "Get it done app" that stream lines the public telling the city whats wrong and needs fixing. Or in this case the public tells the city to tell the public to clean it. Normally i like to cross out the taggers name and write "joto" with an arrow. But alas im growing old and will just have my guys paint it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
PC support guy fixed my laptop. Shitty hard drive apparently the culprit. Not sure why several prior "troubleshooting" sessions didn't identify it.

Fucking computers... :mad:
And now you have an NVMe SSD in its place?!

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
thumbnail_IMG_1525.jpg

I dont always eat beef two nights in a row, but when i do its ribeyes one night. Night cap in the shed NOW. Knee Deep Brewing, Breaking bud.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Nice one, Claus. BTW, Gerald is mad at you for not stopping by the shop before you left. I told him you are Danish and there is no word for goodbye. Don't think he bought it though.
I know I feel bad for not doing that. I didn't have time to do any farewell tour to anybody if that will make him fell better.