Quantcast

Tires

ksjones

Chimp
Aug 26, 2008
Boone, NC
Anyone have any suggestions for best Colorado downhill tires? I just moved here from north Carolina and have been riding at sol vista and winter park. Does anything get good bite in the dust?
Thanks

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
I run Kenda Excavator 2.5s with some of the side knobs trimmed. They work great in the sand. However there is a point where no tire is going to dig deep enough in some of the sandy corners at Sol Vista.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
nokian gazzaloddi, i know its so 80's but they are tried and true, mud, sand, loose gravel, hard pac.

i have run maxis minion, high roller, mobster. kenda nevegal, kinitecs, panaracer fire. and keep going back to the nokian, what most people dont realize riding that tire is like driving a boat when going slow a boat is hard to steer, (the nokians feel loose and washy) once you are up on plane, (at speed) the nokian hooks up great, tons of side bite, the back wheel does not want to come around when breaking hard on corners.

is it worth the couple of bucks to see, do you want the blue pill or the red neo?!?!!?!?