Quantcast

Tires?!

Moogie

Monkey
Nov 27, 2001
SEATTLE, WASHINGTON
Im looking into buying some tires. I got some nice panaracers a while ago but they are worn down. I really need some dh, jump, urban tires. The intense and arrow ones are expensive. My friend has teh tioga dh but i dont think they'l be good on teh front. im looking for a front and rear specific can fit a 2.7 on front and about a 2.3 on rear. Any sugestions?

tHnaks

Mode

Chimp
Nov 26, 2001
Los Angeles
DH, jump, and urban eh? You really get what you pay for. How much DH do you do? If not much, you can prob get by with cheaper threads. If not, I would really stick with Intense or Arrow. What's wrong with the Tiogo DH up front?

Micro-Sanjay

I invented Erbon Assolt
Nov 26, 2001
Tustin- not in OC
I'm all about Michies...
For DHing, I use the 2.5 - there are superb tires and soft but not overly soft that will wear out too fast like Highrollers SuperTacky (w/c I also liked).

For my DS (whenever I get to race it for DS) bike, jumping and urban (but mainly trail/freeriding), nothing beats the HotS tires. You just can't ran the tires at too low of a pressure bec there aren't any stiff casing on them.

others:
WTB Motoraptor (if you live in the muddy area forget these, they cake up so much)

Maxxis Highrollers

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by Moogie
Im looking into buying some tires. I got some nice panaracers a while ago but they are worn down. I really need some dh, jump, urban tires. The intense and arrow ones are expensive. My friend has teh tioga dh but i dont think they'l be good on teh front. im looking for a front and rear specific can fit a 2.7 on front and about a 2.3 on rear. Any sugestions?

tHnaks

PricePoint has 2.4 Motoraptors for about $19 each.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by -BB-

PricePoint has 2.4 Motoraptors for about $19 each.
Once again...you get what you pay for! I would just pay up for some Arrows or Maxxis tires....they will serve you well.....D

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by BMXman

Once again...you get what you pay for! I would just pay up for some Arrows or Maxxis tires....they will serve you well.....D

That's it... I'm gonna kick your butt.
;)
How dare you bust on the Moto's!!!

(Actually, I have Arrow PW's and Maxxis Mob's on my DH bike and they ROCK!!! I use the WTB's on my DS/Trail bike and they suit that purpose well. Light, meduim traction (compared to DH ones), fast tires.

Moogie

Monkey
Nov 27, 2001
SEATTLE, WASHINGTON
yo,

thanks. i can spend about 30-50 bucks (american) I need something that'l last but is sticky too. The intense ones are nice but expensive. I mostly do urban riding though a bit of dirt jumping and northshore stuff. The tiogas are okay though my friend riped a huge hole through his. An there not really directional. Thanks

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by Moogie
yo,

thanks. i can spend about 30-50 bucks (american) I need something that'l last but is sticky too. The intense ones are nice but expensive. I mostly do urban riding though a bit of dirt jumping and northshore stuff. The tiogas are okay though my friend riped a huge hole through his. An there not really directional. Thanks
I just got a pair of Intense Comp 50 (sticky!) tires, a 2.35 and a 2.7 from Wheel World online for a total of $70 shipped ($29 a piece) THEY ARE INSANE TIRES:D :D :D

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
i got some Maxxis 2.7 Mobster for the fron which is AWESOME.. and i have a Michlien 24.1 Rear tire in 2.5 and its one of the best gripping rear that i have had.