Quantcast

tires....

muddface

Chimp
Feb 25, 2004
im wondering what type of tubeless tires should i get for hard trail riding mixed with some freeride and maybe a downhill run thrown in here or there, that shed mud well, right now i have irc trailbear 2.25 and love them but i want to go tubeless, i already have rims but i want to know a good tire

oxygen_77

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Kent, WA
Originally posted by muddface
im wondering what type of tubeless tires should i get for hard trail riding mixed with some freeride and maybe a downhill run thrown in here or there, that shed mud well, right now i have irc trailbear 2.25 and love them but i want to go tubeless, i already have rims but i want to know a good tire
I don't know a specific tyre, but for the type of riding you're describing, I would get a wider tyre. Maybe something like a 2.6...:devil:

muddface

Chimp
Feb 25, 2004
2.6 ?!!? i was thinking more like 2.4 or 2.3 because i have a "all mountain" bike so i still do a little xc type stuff, but i like freeriding better

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
i may sound like a one track mind here but maxis High rollers are the best for dirt and hock worms for street but maxis high rollers work for street to but not as go as hocks.

guasmoa

Chimp
Aug 23, 2002
Bellingham, WA
The Highroller is now tubeless UST. The Hookworm is not UST, it is a street tire. Also to look at is the the Nokian NBX UST. It is marketed for freeriding and CORE riding (whatever that means). I run Maxxis Mobsters 50duro year round because I got a ton of them for cheap. Supergo was selling them for 20$ a piece and i picked a bunch up at the Seattle shop.

muddface

Chimp
Feb 25, 2004
ok i think i am going to get maxxis high rollers 2.35 (they have those right) for the rear for sure and possibly a 2.5 for the front i have a rockshox psylo xc (no not cross country) if that will work

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by Knobularlife
:devil:
http://www.yestubes.com/
I dont get it. Stans has been great for me. I no longer have to worry about pinch flats. Install was a breeze, and theyve held air for a few months now. I guess some people who have problems following instructions blame everything on the product and not themselves. I bet this guy also dislikes shimano chains because they break.......(im a 230 lb masher and ive never broken a properly installed shimano chain.)

Knobularlife

Monkey
Mar 26, 2002
Lakeweird,WA
Originally posted by oly
I dont get it. Stans has been great for me. I no longer have to worry about pinch flats. Install was a breeze, and theyve held air for a few months now. I guess some people who have problems following instructions blame everything on the product and not themselves. I bet this guy also dislikes shimano chains because they break.......(im a 230 lb masher and ive never broken a properly installed shimano chain.)
chill:cool:

Knobularlife

Monkey
Mar 26, 2002
Lakeweird,WA
Originally posted by oly
.......(im a 230 lb masher and ive never broken a properly installed shimano chain

:monkey: Yer Proper:p

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by Snacks
Okay, I'm a dork, I don't understand this product. I went to web site and all I can tell is they are really good tubes? Maybe the little round guy dancing in the coner distracked me.
man were they fast!!! They delivered em to me already!!! Guess they put me in the front of the line as i gave em alot of my bread. I'll show em to you tomorrow Snacks, they're so cool!!!!:D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Snacks
Okay, I'm a dork, I don't understand this product. I went to web site and all I can tell is they are really good tubes? Maybe the little round guy dancing in the coner distracked me.
it's a spoof of notubes.com. nothing special about the "product" they're selling :D

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by Toshi
it's a spoof of notubes.com. nothing special about the "product" they're selling :D
Your just mad at me cuz i had you searching for the naked lady on the balcony in Paris.:mad: :devil: ;)