Quantcast

Titus broke my heart (sorry, long post)

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
good to hear...I'm in the process of deciding my next frame and it's taking a while...Titus was in there but now...I just don't know...D
What...???

I thought your Prophet was the be-all and end-all...

What are you looking for now? I liked my Loco-moto, but #1, it came in a slightly different finish than they explicitly told me it would be (smooth rather than bead-blasted), and their attitude was, "Yeah, hope you learn to like it..."

Then it cracked like many others within a year or so...the warranty replacement took around a year. Nice that they replaced it, but it was irrelevant by the time I got it.

MD

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
What...???

I thought your Prophet was the be-all and end-all...

What are you looking for now? I liked my Loco-moto, but #1, it came in a slightly different finish than they explicitly told me it would be (smooth rather than bead-blasted), and their attitude was, "Yeah, hope you learn to like it..."

Then it cracked like many others within a year or so...the warranty replacement took around a year. Nice that they replaced it, but it was irrelevant by the time I got it.

MD

well I sold most of bikes when I moved up here...so I'm looking for something in the 5-6" range....I remember your Titus which is why i was considering one. I have time though since I won't be able to really ride until July...D

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
RM is boring today ... hey N_8, go back over to MTBR and start something again ... bonus points if you score another free frame :D

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
:mad:

I don't appreciate the backhanded insult. I am at least.......4 times more awesomer than Echo.
No way, i mean c'mon now really.... you don't even live CLOSE to Rochester....

is that how you can track a lost Titus rider..??? Paint chips on the trail?

:monkey:
i've tracked my way out of trails i've never been on, doubling back on a ride, collecting the lost, and finishing the ride in it's entirety. i AM awesome like that for realz...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Tri Gator Fade. That was a paint job. I don't even think you could shot blast that stuff off.
That's the kind of bike you want in the infantry. It even sounds tactical.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
That little machined bit in the middle of the top tube always bothers me about the 575. I was looking at it in the shop.

Looks flexy.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Seat tube cracked at the relief hole. Klein just welded a new piece on and didn't face up the seat bolt clamp area up. Installed seatpost bolt and it sheared off. They fixed that and it cracked at the hole again a few years later. Hanging in the garage now.

The paint was fantastic. pink/purple --> grey --> dark blue from the front/light blue from the rear fade.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Seat tube cracked at the relief hole. Klein just welded a new piece on and didn't face up the seat bolt clamp area up. Installed seatpost bolt and it sheared off. They fixed that and it cracked at the hole again a few years later. Hanging in the garage now.

The paint was fantastic. pink/purple --> grey --> dark blue from the front/light blue from the rear fade.
Bummer (but the paint jobs were fantastic). I heard a rumor that they got hammered by the EPA for dumping some of the solvents/paints associated with those fantastic paint jobs.