Quantcast

Titus broke my heart (sorry, long post)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
That's purty.

I know nothing about those bikes. I'll leave it to MMcG to tell me whether or not that would work for me.

:p
IAB - you can see one for yourself in person at The Cutting Edge in Berlin.

Depends on what you want your next bike to be - that could be a great short travel freeride/Trail bike

But if you wanted more of a long ride/24 hour type bike I'd opt for the Covert like Tigg did if you were to buy a Transition Bikes bike.

The White Preston FR at the Cutting Edge is super hot looking though!

Cheers,

MMcG (ridemonkey bike buying consultant)

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
so when does the pool thread on when she actually receives the frame get posted...I think it would be interesting...D

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
Hey Splat ... that's me!?
How bout dat?

Loco & motolite bikes are just great trail bikes .. not freeride.
There is a stronger chainstay design on the Motolite than the Locomoto had. Borrowed from the Quasimoto.

Still ... no one would deny these are good performing bikes for trail riding. That Locomoto did not owe me anything. I took it off things ... I probably should not have in hindsight. ;)

Edit:
Correction ... Splatty that's Steve & his Enduro... not me. Diff front fork and helmet ... close tho. ;)

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
Ah ... I see.
You're right again.

That pretty painful ... walking your broken frame bike outta the woods as everyone else rides off. I just barely held in the tears. ;)

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Medium locomotos are pretty long...that's what I rode and I'm 5'11".

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
[/sean connery] Thash' na' what ya motha said lhast night, Trebeck![/connery]

slimjr

Chimp
Aug 28, 2008
If they are having issues with their production and issue a recall especially for structural issues they should resolve it no matter what, plus I am sure they have enough profit margin built in with the prices we all paid for the frame kits. I have an original loco moto and had it parked for a few years and later found out that there were structural design issues with the frame. When i called Titus their response was it is out of warranty so they couldn't do anything about it. What does warranty have to do with protecting your customers? I personally feel warranty and recall are two completely different issues.