Quantcast

tmx owners...

stussy2k

Chimp
Apr 14, 2004
Originally posted by chromegoddess
if the squirrels in your area are crapping plastic chain guards it shouldn't be a problem if they break all the time, plenty more where that came from. ;) if metal was the best material for those things, i think bklyn would have made them metal. the choice is yours though.
ok ok :) will put some pics on then.. real exicited myself how it will look on the screen hehe.

but back to the chain guard? i tried bmw, they said to contact get the head (in the uk) but he's apparently waay to busy. Damn! What are your options - any chance if uve got some lyring around in the "litter box" u could "donate" one for me? :oink:

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Originally posted by chromegoddess

here's a pic of james' big link to help you feel okay about being shy on bling. he is religeously against cleaning it. probably has crusty mud on there from four years ago!

Does he have fossilized animals on his bottom tube? Does the mud make crustacious layers that can help count the years of riding? :D:p:thumb:

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
surrrrrrre...they have two versions of the tmx. the beginners bike and the freeride frame. wtf, you plonker! what exactly is freeriding or a freeride bike anyway? for such a loosley interpreted term....oh never mind...hatemail cancelled.

i think a stepping stone is a good way to look at the tmx because there is currently nothing like the race link (aka: killer b), based on my own experience which for the most part is relegated to east coast resort riding and hike-a-biking.) no looking back once you ride the link. as much as i didn't want to retire the tmx, i never realized how grateful i would be to move on to the RL. the link bike requires a little more finesse on the part of the rider and the payoff is beyond my wildest dreams.

i AM ricky carmichael on that thing, i swear..my hair turns red, i get freckles, i shrink in height. it's freaky.

Mar 3, 2004
England!
Originally posted by joel hester
over the winter, i am building a RL. actually, I'm gathering parts now and saving $$ to buy the frame. So far I have LP Composite bars.

joel
Colour? Fork? Doesn't really matter though, as long as it's a RL, it's good.

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Joel you achully thinking of getting it new or find a 'pre-owned' RL

I so wish i could own 2 bmws although my second bike now would be based on a bmw park frame :D:D

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
anyone interesed in my rear wheel off my TMX. I just built a new one and I'd be willing to sell my "old" one to raise $$ to buy a new Hadley rear hub. SPECS: Hope bulb hub & Arrow 24" DHX rim. Just true'd. $150.00. sorry for the spam but this is a pretty narrow audience. not ready to put it on ebay. i kinda want to have the new hadley in hand before I sell but I'd let it go to one of you now.

jh

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
I'm going to try and buy new if at all possible to support BMW as a company. And for that much money, I want new anyway. Not sure about the color. Probably all black to match the fork (888). all the CNC's small parts of the link will be anodized of course to match the hubs, headset, seat clamp ETC. Macybe since the link is a 135x12mm rear hub, I'd probably go with a cool, abstract Chris King color on the hubs and headset and then have all the other small stuff anodized to match. Black/purple, black/apple green ???

joel

Mar 3, 2004
England!
Originally posted by Nitromike
Black/Purple .. though I'm biased

Hey Joel, wanna buy an almost turnkey should be 8 second Z28?
Almost? Pfft. I'd rather bore out a Ford block to 815CI and turbocharge it with a T-106. Oh wait I am...:p

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
Originally posted by Horrendous Hack
Almost? Pfft. I'd rather bore out a Ford block to 815CI and turbocharge it with a T-106. Oh wait I am...:p
Almost, and I know Joel in real life also, used to race with him, though our cars were never running at the same time. So this isn't a dick waving contest, it was a joke for him.

stussy2k

Chimp
Apr 14, 2004
Uh... yeah.. just looked up my TMX no.. no. 73 !!! wee hah!!! wished it was 72.. 1972 r0xx.. yeah im an old geezer and dont u question it... :devil: ... we've got bigger beer bellies so we ride faster (downhill that is) and have extra padding around our best friend.. our liver! hehe ;)
What about that chain guide.. how do a get a template for an original one or just a replacement that looks good!? :)
pics of my TMX and Mr. Dirt fork to follow...

stussy2k

Chimp
Apr 14, 2004
Yeah bout 80 made of these?
Apparently there's a another no. stamped into thr mail frame.. 51?
Does that mean the rear has been replaced at some time you think?

Mar 3, 2004
England!
Originally posted by Nitromike
Almost, and I know Joel in real life also, used to race with him, though our cars were never running at the same time. So this isn't a dick waving contest, it was a joke for him.
Cool. I'm more into the Jap side of modifying because here in the UK we don't get real V8s and the like. I am not a Ricer though. Like having a car that can perform excellently down the strip and then behave on the road. However, if I could, in the future I would imort a Ford 430CI racing block and get a company I know of to bore it out to 815CI (16L), put a Turbonetics (I think, or the other familiar name company) Thumper T-106 (2250BHP :o ). Mental. One day...

Does anyone knoe if BMW decide a period of time of number of frames to be produced?

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
I finally got a few pics after this weekends race. I crashed hard and jacked my knee. Lucky I was crashing as I crossed the finish line and that was my fastest run. 3rd place sport 30+

Here ya go!

evilfrenchy

Chimp
May 23, 2004
Manhattan
dont think so....they made a hundred tmx....god knows how many racelinks they re gonna produce......they re always working on new prototypes anyways...

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
This was the first run. This was not a jump but a vertical drop. I landed near the flat. My second run landed even farther and I got bucked and rode the nose right into a tent/canopy where racers were resting. It was not pretty. A big I AM SORRY goes out to Ross and his Girlfriend who I sent flying about 5-6 feet.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
banged up. In addition to my heel which is still not healed up from two years ago, I now have a jacked up knee and a nice road rash on the other. It's all good!