Quantcast

Today's biggest huck...

Sep 7, 2001
Copenhagen- Denmark!
What do you think about this one...? :D

This is Bjarke from Copenhagen, dropping at the Vanga Track in southern Sweden, i think it was this weekend.... perhaps a 6-7 meter speedhuck... not bad, Eh?

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by Matt D
Looks like someone was afraid of casing the lip of the tranny:p

Nice work!:cool:
If it were me doing that huck? Hell yes, I'd be afraid of casing the tranny! This explains why I have trouble with simple doubles! :rolleyes:

Sweet pics though!

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
that's a really good lookin drop! that's a really good lookin set up too! props to him

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
the tranny looks like it was made from pallets. I think I'd want to overshoot it too knowing how brittle the wood in pallets can be.

Sep 7, 2001
Copenhagen- Denmark!
European pallets have to stand up to a lot of abuse, actually.... i know that the EU has made specifications on those darn things.... loadtests and so on ;) :rolleyes:

BTW: overshooting the landing did cost Bjarke a broken frame, so...:(

RogerH

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Sweden
Way to go Bjarke!

We can get lots of decent pallets for free, so we use them. (A lot!) That landing have lots of quality wood supports and reinforcements. Two out of three riders overshot the landing yesterday, so I guess it's not tested 100% though...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Steen Good Legs
European pallets have to stand up to a lot of abuse, actually.... i know that the EU has made specifications on those darn things.... loadtests and so on ;) :rolleyes:

BTW: overshooting the landing did cost Bjarke a broken frame, so...:(
Yeah I guess we're used to cheaper crap over here palletwise.

That sucks about his frame. Should've killed the pallets instead. At least you've got the photos so he can show what did it. Make sure those don't make it to the warranty department of whatever frame he had though.;)

Sep 7, 2001
Copenhagen- Denmark!
Originally posted by kidwoo
Yeah I guess we're used to cheaper crap over here palletwise.
You can land a 747 Jumbo on a single EU pallet...:rolleyes:

No, really.... i work as a carpenter, and do receive a lot of stuff on pallets, where i work... they can stand massive abuse from things loaded upon them..!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

No, really.... i work as a carpenter, and do receive a lot of stuff on pallets, where i work... they can stand massive abuse from things loaded upon them..!
I was being serious. I believe you.

You'd have to be an idiot to build a landing like that out of the cheap crap that we usually see as pallets over here. I don't think you're an idiot. I think you really do have stronger pallets.:)

Mar 3, 2004
England!

Yup they are real good for building stuff with and insanely strong usually. Hard to dismantle unless you know what you are doing. With ladders I uually do the following:

Attachments

BiC

Chimp
Oct 8, 2003
bedford, tx
Originally posted by Horrendous Hack
Yup they are real good for building stuff with and insanely strong usually. Hard to dismantle unless you know what you are doing. With ladders I uually do the following:
paint it plaid?

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Specialized Big Hit DH.... only some months old, but used... :nuts:
That's what I thought it looked like. You don't see alot of them breaking, where did it bust?

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
HOLY OVERSHOOT HUCKMAN!!!;)

That's pretty damn big. You guys should move that tranny about 10-15 down the hill and slightly ower the lip. Then you could hit it full speed and not crack frames. Looks like fun!!

RogerH

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Sweden
Originally posted by Trond
That's what I thought it looked like. You don't see alot of them breaking, where did it bust?
A small crack appeared on both sides of the headtube/downtube gusset.

RHmoto

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
South Bay, Cali
Originally posted by RogerH
A small crack appeared on both sides of the headtube/downtube gusset.

Man cracks around the headtube are the scarest thing on earth. Glad to hear the headtube didn't snap off on that landing cause that would have been game over man. Nice huck though.

RogerH

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Sweden
Originally posted by Instigator
:stupid:

Nice word yo!

Make things a touch safer in the chance of using the tranny, by adding something like this.
It's kind of hard to see in the pic if you don't know it, but our beginner downhill track runs right through your added platform.

Good idea, though.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
It's kind of hard to see in the pic if you don't know it, but our beginner downhill track runs right through your added platform.

Good idea, though.

wow, makes for an interesting introduction to dh, i mean with people literally flying over your head and all...

the drop in itself is jättekul

Sep 7, 2001
Copenhagen- Denmark!

Good idea, though.
Heyy Roger, ya' Ol' chap... ;)

I don't see any problem to add an extra safety thing to that huck.... either people on the Hillsprint have to duck, or we can dig it a little deeper... your choice :rolleyes:

Perhaps i'll take a trip to Vanga on the 16'th... gotta check that huck out!.... not ride it though, i'm still just on 15 footers...:)

See ya'

dromond

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Northampton, MA
Originally posted by Instigator
:stupid:

Nice word yo!

Make things a touch safer in the chance of using the tranny, by adding something like this.
Or you could make it safer by using dirt landings rather than pallets. Yikes!