Quantcast

-- Today's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Incase you missed it yesterday, I'm offering up a daily ride thread as an alternative/addition to Stosh's GMT. In short, if you rode yesterday, tell us about it. If you're riding tonight, tell us what you are expecting.

No ride for me yesterday... cleaned up the drivetrain a bit on my 575 though. There is a local club that rides every Wednesday night - tonight they are riding Chenango Valley State Park. Trails are ALWAYS dry, and it's probably the closest thing we have to true XC. Probably ride for about 90 minutes before darkness takes over... generally about 9 miles. I'm hoping to make it, but a sick wife and daughter may keep me home. We'll see.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Rode Tryon by myself last night the opposite way I usually do. It was cool. Only saw 1 other person. It was beautiful out last night. Swans were swimming in the creek, trails were dry, and the bugs weren't to bad. Good ride. It is kind of nice to ride solo sometimes. Just a mellow pace for an hour and a half. Saw a huge buck chasing some does on the way out. It was like they didn't even see me. Very cool stuff. I have to ride solo more often.....jdcamb

J

JRB

Rode 32 miles on the road. It was windy. I was able to hang on with the chick that raced pro last summer. I don't really know what she races now, but she is strong. It's embarrassing, but fun. Made an asshole pass on a climb because some dude kept coming over. It is the first time I can recall passing between 2 riders, and I felt bad. Felt strong and held on to Allyson's pace until mile 20 or so and had to spin for a mile. Fortunately the road ended and they waited about 15 seconds for me to get to them. Stretched a little and felt much better. I think I want to get some carbon soled shimano shoes. I ride Time Atacs on the road bike and I think they are a little soft. I don't like road pedals. Tried speedplay and Look. Riding the SS tonight if it doesn't rain. My legs will be trashed by tomorrow. :D

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
I went on the Tuesday night suffer-fest led by a pro from one of our local shops. We did a nice 2.5 hour, ~12 mile loop up the slickrock section and the blue\white trail at Case Mtn - both fun to go down, but painful to go up. The payoff is a sweet downhill along a narrow trail lined with dense ferns on both sides and full of big rocks to launch yourself off - very challenging at night. The weather last night was perfect!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Unfortunately I didn't ride last night because I still have some sort of pinched nerve thing going on. But I'm riding tonight anyway, screw it. Probably solo on the SS, everyone else seems to be burned out around here.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Jackson, I hope the wife and daughter get well soon.
I am,hopefully heading up to see Stuntmatty at noon. Ride with him for an hour, ride another half or full hour, than off to bed.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
No riding for me last night since it was raining and cold out. But, I did work on the Enduro. I'm getting ready to sell it and commit to a winter of road work and riding trials.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I just went to the trails by myself (not far from my house) and decided to look for some new ones that I haven't done before. I happened to find one that really needs to be cleared. At times when I was riding it I couldnt even see ahead of me because there were tree branches and other plants in my face. I think I may go back today and clear it out! :) And then I found another trail, that, in the end, I knew which one it was, just hadnt done it before. I was a lot of fun and I was having a really good riding day doing some things I haven't before and I think I was going a lot faster down the trails. Total ride time was 2 hours.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
But I'm riding tonight anyway, screw it. Probably solo on the SS, everyone else seems to be burned out around here.
and
douglas said:
...but tonight, like ECHO says screw it, I'm riding - I think hill repeats
Good luck guys... tweaked backs can be a bitch.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
No riding last night, none tonight either unless I find someoneon who wants to ride at night after say 7:30ish. Tonyhawk are you out there......we must do some night riding sir!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Rode with Steff yesterday in preparation with our AllezY ride on saturday. We rode for 7 hours, and explored a bunch of trails and stunts, did some trail maintenance ans a couple of stunt repair.

It going to be one hell of a ride saturday, 20 riders - 5 hours and after that a huge party and bonfire!

:cool: :monkey:

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
MMcG said:
No riding last night, none tonight either unless I find someoneon who wants to ride at night after say 7:30ish. Tonyhawk are you out there......we must do some night riding sir!
Agreed! Unfortunately I can't tonight, but tomorrow night is a possibility, Friday night and Saturday morning are definites. Sunday is too far in advance for me to plan...

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Going to try to get out tonight - I'm waiting to see if it will get hot enough to burn off the dusting of snow we recieved here last night - it's only 46 so far.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
damn im glad i dont live in denver. riding season is just getting started for us ( well me) i dont really like riding in the summer.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
biggins said:
damn im glad i dont live in denver. riding season is just getting started for us ( well me) i dont really like riding in the summer.
The nice thing about Denver is that it can snow one day and the within the next day or two you can be out riding the trails in shorts & tshirt. :thumb: