Quantcast

Toke up, hippies!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Making it rain.

based on the latest data from November provided by the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (CMED), medical marijuana and retail marijuana sales are on pace to total more than $900 million in 2015. For some context, pot sales in 2014 for Colorado totaled just $573 million, meaning we're on pace to see well over 50% year-over-year growth.

What's truly remarkable about Colorado's rapid growth is that legalization within the state is still very mixed. Even though residents of the state voted to legalize recreational marijuana in November 2012, it was still up to each individual jurisdiction to decide whether or not to allow retailers to set up shop. Around three-quarters of all Colorado jurisdictions sent marijuana retailers back from whence they came, so we're talking about potentially $900 million-plus in sales from just a handful of cities.

The other big number, also based on CMED data through November 2015, is that Colorado looks to be on pace for more than $80 million in tax revenue in 2015. CMED data from the entirety of 2014 showed tax revenue of $52.6 million. Through November 2015, CMED data shows $72 million has been collected.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
MA just bumped the 2 month MMJ purchase limit from 2.5oz to 10oz. Time to channel my inner Willie.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
was going to go on a pseudo-spur of the moment road trip with some friends to the cannabis cup on colorado and it looks like the fun police made that decision for us
http://www.therooster.com/blog/make-new-420-plans-denver-officials-just-killed-high-times-cannabis-cup
I sure hope this happens. I have a soft spot in my heart for Pueblo, it reminds me a lot of the Central Valley, an old steel town way past it's prime, with a beautiful, but empty downtown. FSM knows they could use the money it would bring in. Bingo Burger better pick up some extra milk shake machines.

Caution, auto play video.

http://www.koaa.com/story/31298870/us-cannabis-cup-coming-to-pueblo-county?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KOAA_5

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Lightweights. :rofl:

Among Colorado residents, the rate of emergency-room visits possibly related to cannabis use did not change significantly between 2013 and 2014. Among Colorado resident emergency-room patients, 106 per 10,000 visits complained of marijuana-related ailments in 2013 and 112 per 10,000 visits complained of marijuana-related ailments in 2014

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Spaghetti code for the win!!
That modular stuff is for those with no sense of adventure...

(long retired COBOL & xBase programmer / analyst)
Sounds like the folks who work here. With a revolving door of contract developers, multiple people end up touching one piece with an idea of how it SHOULD be done that differs from the last folks who touched it. But I digress.

I have never understood the desire for edibles, but I have never bought them, either.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Montana's new pot laws appear to prohibit the sale of medical pot but do say that providers deserve to be compensated for their services, kind of dumb. Suppliers are also now limited to 3 patients, all in all this will greatly increase the street value again.

Something has got to give, with less than 1 million people in the entire state I doubt we have the resources to enforce the laws equitably across all users.