Quantcast

Toke up, hippies!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The federal data show that adult marijuana use, on the other hand, is rising. Last year 20.8 percent of Americans between the ages of 18 and 25 used marijuana at least monthly, the highest number since 1985.
When I read statements like this I have to wonder if the increase is due to more new consumers or just more people admitting they inhale. A lot of old stoners are still practicing the art of stealth, or so I hear.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Bat Country.
Nevada dispensaries sold more than $33 million in recreational marijuana and the state pulled in nearly $5 million in total taxes in August, according to numbers released by the Nevada Department of Taxation Monday.

That’s up from the $27 million in sales and $3.7 million in taxes in July, the state’s first month of recreational weed sales.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
saw a show on vice about the effects of the weed boom on housing and the gentrification/whitening of denver......affordable housing....not in my back yard.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I bet states quasi-ignore it at the local level.
Because schools.
This crackdown could be a gift to Dems (2018 elections) in legal (and not legal) states, with pro legalization attitudes hovering around 60%...

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sessions is delusional if he thinks he can thwart a multi billion dollar industry that pours tax revenue into states that have made legalized recreational weed.

Good luck there you demented elf.

States can't do shit. All it takes is one prosecutor hell bent on a promotion to go an lock someone up for the rest of their lives to throw the whole industry into a tailspin.

I doubt any of these companies are publicly traded, but supposedly "weed stocks" plummeted. One could probably invest at time with lower costs, if the industry survives, prices and profits are likely to go up for those that can survive it.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Keep everything in limbo whilst behind the scenes you make a few deals with the pharmaceutical industry.
Pabst Blue Ribbon weed for everybody, and fuck the boutique growers.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Keep everything in limbo whilst behind the scenes you make a few deals with the pharmaceutical industry.
Pabst Blue Ribbon weed for everybody, and fuck the boutique growers.
I think session has invested more into for profit prisons than big pharma.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I think session has invested more into for profit prisons than big pharma.
Yup, was just about to add that to my post but you got here first. Cheers.

It also seems to get back to States rights....they seem to be for them until they control the Federal Guberment. Bit hypocritical no?

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Local shed supply stores were doing brisk business today. I suspect the storms out east have reminded people to keep their lawnmowers out of the elements.

In other news, WA state governor says 'suck it': https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/seattle-state-officials-say-they-wont-back-down-on-legal-pot-as-feds-plan-change/
I like that Inslee used the word "bonnet" twice in one sentence. You know that's the sort of word still quite present in Sessions vocabulary.