Quantcast

Toke up, hippies!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Alcohol is bad, mkay

For the study, which was published in the journal Addiction, scientists analyzed data for 853 adults and 439 teens who reported using alcohol or pot. When studying neuroimaging data, the researchers discovered that people who used alcohol had long-term changes to the structure of white matter and gray matter in their brains. The more alcohol they consumed, the bigger the changes. “Alcohol-use severity is associated with widespread lower gray matter volume and white matter integrity in adults,” the researchers concluded in the study. (The only exception: teens. The researchers did not find significant changes in white matter volume in teens who used alcohol.) Meanwhile, scientists found no significant structural changes in the brains of people who reported using marijuana in the last 30 days.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Damn, that price is nuts for a +20% bud.
I just got my med order in.
Strain-THC/CBD-Grower

$12.00 gram for:
Ghost Bubba-31.5/2.53 from SouthCoast
White Coma-25/0.5 from ZeroAve
Gorilla Glue#4-29.8/0.2 from SouthCoast

and On Sale for 150 an oz or 80.00 a 1/2oz which are the only quantity's offered, so $5.36 gram if you buy the O.
BruceBanner-23/0.7 from KootenayFire
This is pretty much the cheapest I have ever seen. Most sale O's are 175-200.

Canukistani monopoly money of course.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Same thing going the other way as well.
Feds control the borders, Provinces/States regulate their own domestic weed sales.
So, even when both Wash and BC are legal, you still will not be able to cross the border with any weed, even Doctor proscribed, but hey if you have a scrip for 50 oxys, come on in. :rolleyes:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Its fucked up that you can't get into Canada with a weed charge, but you can now buy it there.
first of all, drugs are bad, m'kay?

second, I remember reading some fine Canadian lawmaker raised to topic of commuting pot convictions (when appropriate) after the probable passing of the bill later this Summer.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Pick one?
The whole waterfront area could be really nice, but nobody wants to spend the coin to develop it. There is a chicken/egg situation. You want to bring folks into town, but you need to give them a reason to come there.

This area is weird. I just learned that there was a law on the books until the 80's that said all darkies had to be out of town by 10:00. :rofl:

It wasn't being enforced, but it was there. 30 minutes outside of Portland and the whole world changes.