Quantcast

Toke up, hippies!

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Hell, I got turned back many moons ago (25-30 years) when trying to go to Florida to visit my parents. Was with my wife (Fiance) at the time. I was an employed IT professional, GF was a paralegal at the time, also employed. We were carrying a small carry-on sized bag each, so not loaded up like we were moving. The only thing I can think of as to why we were turned back is that I had hair - think Robert Plant / BonJovi hair, long, loose curl, mid-back etc. Don't smoke, nor did I smoke weed at the time, so no weird odors. No problems the next year when we did the same trip in the same car same licence plates, but this time crossed with no problems.

Edit: Reason given for refusal was that he was afraid we were not going to leave, ie Permanent Vacation ( great Max Webster album BTW )

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Last time I was in Canada (Winnipeg) for work, the guy I was traveling with had a "criminal record" for "illegally operating a snow mobile". He grew up in Alaska and got cited for operating the snow mobile on a city street or some dumb shit like that, but it was apparently, technically, a crime that showed up on the Canadian immigration officers computer. The funny part, was that the officer didn't even really believe it was a "crime" at first, like it had to be some sort of error. When coworker assured him that it was in fact some sort of misdemeanor crime he'd committed, the officer proceeded to grill coworker for the next 45 minutes about what other nefarious acts against humanity he'd committed. I honestly thought they weren't going to let us into the country. Which was fine, it was all on the clock.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Last time I was in Canada (Winnipeg) for work, the guy I was traveling with had a "criminal record" for "illegally operating a snow mobile". He grew up in Alaska and got cited for operating the snow mobile on a city street or some dumb shit like that, but it was apparently, technically, a crime that showed up on the Canadian immigration officers computer. The funny part, was that the officer didn't even really believe it was a "crime" at first, like it had to be some sort of error. When coworker assured him that it was in fact some sort of misdemeanor crime he'd committed, the officer proceeded to grill coworker for the next 45 minutes about what other nefarious acts against humanity he'd committed. I honestly thought they weren't going to let us into the country. Which was fine, it was all on the clock.

Yup. Looks like the border gestapo from both sides come from the same woe-begotten tribe whose most revered form of transportation is the douche-canoe.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, I went into a dispensary in Steamboat to get wifey a cbd salve for a hurting shoulder. Just for shits and giggles, I asked them what the lowest potency sativa they had...she said 12%. That would destroy me, so I asked if she had any ditchweed.
She just laughed.
I think I would enjoy something around 4%...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So, I went into a dispensary in Steamboat to get wifey a cbd salve for a hurting shoulder. Just for shits and giggles, I asked them what the lowest potency sativa they had...she said 12%. That would destroy me, so I asked if she had any ditchweed.
She just laughed.

It is 2018, you don't have to shouldn't smoke the whole joint.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Come one boys. It's weed not heroin.

Take a puff or two when you have no plans for the rest of the night, put on a movie and enjoy. Worst thing that could happen is you fall asleep before the end. Once you get an idea for your tolerance you're good to go!!

:drag:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Come one boys. It's weed not heroin.

Take a puff or two when you have no plans for the rest of the night, put on a movie and enjoy. Worst thing that could happen is you fall asleep before the end. Once you get an idea for your tolerance you're good to go!!

:drag:
No, crushing anxiety and mild paranoia can occur as well.
I just never know if and when it does.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
No, crushing anxiety and mild paranoia can occur as well.
I just never know if and when it does.
Then you are vaping the wrong strain, you need something with more CBD
I like the strong stuff - It goes a long way when you only need a puff or two as opposed to the entire bag.
ie. Currently have some 31% THC and 4.2% CBD. This will F you up with no paranoia.
I also have some 14% THC and <.01 CBD and it will give you a bit of the 'noids.
If it was going to make you paranoid, then it does not matter if it is one puff or 30, it would still do so.
If you imbibe enough to feel the effect, then that is the effect.

Allbud, Leafly and your own notes can be your friend.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
She just laughed.
92% pure THC distillate, you'll be fine.

<edit> can't be messing with that Sativa, makes you all paranoid.