Quantcast

tonic fab 26er Howie

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
this is TOTAL crap landon...i have been asking you when you are going to come out with one so i can buy it...i finally get a TOP now this...

Might see a TOP in the classifieds at the end of the season...ergh...:banghead:

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
yeah man that was definate the tonic fab position a month or 2 ago...ergh.
Werd...

As far as developing a 26" wheel bike, I doubt it. It would certainly be an excellent commercial decsion for us, as would introducing a 135/disc brake Fall Guy. There is no denying the high frequency of requests for a bike like this. We are sincerely interested in making the Fall Guy as good as it can possibly be, either through refinements to our manufacturing process, or design. I'm simply not convinced making the Fall Guy a 26"/disc brake bike will make it a better bike for it's intended use. Many will disagree, and this is why there are plenty of other bikes out there. It's tired, but true: Variety is the spice of life.........

We are a small company, and everything we do, we are passionate about. A 26" Fall Guy would be hard for us to get excited about.
I'm confused by those pics, though... what's going on with the seat stay and disc mount??? Looks like nothing that could be practical....

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
this is great e-gossip though... i will be one of the first on the waiting list if it is true...which i am assuming it is...where is LANDON on this one...

who is going to start the "26 Inches Of Love Thread"

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Cru Jones said:
I'm confused by those pics, though... what's going on with the chain stay and disc mount??? Looks like nothing that could be practical....
Cut the seat stay short at the disc mount, and add in a gusset like on the older P bikes? It may save a little weight on the frame.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
Oh, I meant seat stay. Yeah, that could be it.
thats only one of the holes for the disc mount the other one would be up and out of the pic to the top left. the other dic mount goes on teh seat stay?. the larger one closer to the dropout looks like its just for weight savings? and top bar of the dropout should get inserted into the seat stay tube then welded up.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
oooh it will be amazing, i had wished that both tonic and brooklyn made 26" hardtails, looks like part of my wish is coming true.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
don't anyone get too obsessed with what is currently shown, if you read Landon's news thing, it says that the bike isn't going to be produced until the end of the year for us common folk. the team will be testing it for awhile, so my bet is that the concerns that some may express on here will be addressed by the time the final frame comes should it be necessary.

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Howdy.

New bikes are fun.

Reading comments about a few unassembled frame pics has also been fun.

Guy will be riding a Howie proto here. Please come to this event!! It's going to be a blast. Or at least the best thing happening on a Tuesday night.

I can see how a 26" frame from Tonic Fab might be a surprise. This project was mostly inspired by our team rider, Guy Marsh, and is a very sincere effort at a good bike.

For what it's worth, I've spent some time jumping 26" bikes, so don't think I'm starting from scratch. I was invited to do a little dead sailor clinic at the Gathering last year on 26's.

-L

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
don't anyone get too obsessed with what is currently shown, if you read Landon's news thing, it says that the bike isn't going to be produced until the end of the year for us common folk. the team will be testing it for awhile, so my bet is that the concerns that some may express on here will be addressed by the time the final frame comes should it be necessary.
yeah definately on this one...i think you will see this bad boy evolve over the next months...Lets just hope that Landon keeps us all posted so we can get in line for this bike...

i would love to be on one for next year's indoor season...Rays <3

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Howdy.

Time will tell with the Howie. Trying some new things; some may work while others may not. I think it's a very good looking bike, but I'm prepared for other people to hate it. Just keep checking the news section of the Tonic Fab website.

They'll be other events. The next one will also be in Oregon. Outside even.

As this series develops, info will be found here.

This is interesting.

-L

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
lando we need to talk. were building a bike park here this spring and im hopefully gonna be one of the hea ddesigners of it. mabey we could work something out with the jam coming here for a series stop..

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
so are there any pics of this bad boy flying around the intraweb from whambam?

i would like to see some proto pics...Landon if Guy is riding this one around what is stopping you from posting pics! :evil:

create more buzz man...!

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
First off, thanks for the interest. It's something I really appreciate, and find very encouraging. Thanks, really.

I think it's OK to leave something to the imagination.

These bikes are protos, might need some tweaks, so I don't believe it's wise to release "specs." Like I mentioned, these frames are a chance for us to try some new things out, and some may work, while others may not. We aren't mainstream, but we aren't entirely obsure either. As Guy and a few other people will be riding this bike, it's pointless to keep it hidden. The rear is very short, the top tube is very low, and x-up clearance is very good. I really, really like the top tube length, and it's light to boot. I don't think I'll be riding one (definately prefer 24's), but I believe what we've got has the ingredients of a very good bike.

I hope people will like the way it looks, but I'm prepared for the haters.

-L

How sick is this? If you know Brunside, it's completely sick.