Quantcast

Tonight's beer selection:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i had an Elysian pumpkin last night, but it was way too nutmeg-y.

best pumpkin is either the smuttynose or cambridge brewing.

best beer in recent tastings though is the Rogue Santa's Private Reserve. love that stuff!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
i had an Elysian pumpkin last night, but it was way too nutmeg-y.

best pumpkin is either the smuttynose or cambridge brewing.

best beer in recent tastings though is the Rogue Santa's Private Reserve. love that stuff!
I finally tried the Rogue Shakespeare Stout...Interesting. Not as heavy as I thought it was going to be. It was good to me as the 'Hawks won whilst I was basking in the chocolaty goodness.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
:monkeydance:Bitburger tonight...sigh...overpriced and imported here, but wifey bought it so I can only complain so much ...drinking alone, finishing an essay on ACL tears and why todays athletes are so prone to them. Where is Partsbara when you need him? Fugger...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the only bear republic i can get on a semi-routine basis out here is the hop rod rye and racer 5. both are great.

i had a PBR tonight...$3 can while seeing Om/Grails/Jack Rose.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
the only bear republic i can get on a semi-routine basis out here is the hop rod rye and racer 5. both are great.

i had a PBR tonight...$3 can while seeing Om/Grails/Jack Rose.
I hope they lubed you up before they ****ed you. I can get a 12 pack of that for $4.99...

(And if I'm slumming it, that's usually what it is.)

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Interesting fact about this beer: You can't buy bottles of it in NYS because it has a picture of Santa on it and therefore promotes underage drinking. :plthumbsdown:

How'd you like the show? I missed Jack Rose and part of Grails because I had to put my kid to bed before I went out. Got there in time to stand behind a pole for Om. God I hate the Knitting Factory.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I hope they lubed you up before they ****ed you. I can get a 12 pack of that for $4.99...

(And if I'm slumming it, that's usually what it is.)
it was a 16 oz can...show me a music club where you can get a decent deal on beer...hell, the roxy charges $8 for a bottle of bud. f that!

Jack Rose was great as always, but i would have cut down the slide guitar 2nd song a bit. he got a surprisingly good reception, given the crowd Om draws.

grails were good, but they could have been excellent. not enough guitar drive on the songs. good drummer. i like drummers who know their jazz.

Om was very loud, but at least it was just low frequencies. i saw some kid next to me, directly in front of Chris' kick drum w/ his finger jammed in his right ear the entire night.

Om dragged on a bit...though it was sold out (and thanks for Jack Rose for hooking me up w/ his last open slot) the crowd was dead. i think Al got pissed. i left @ 12:30 and apparently he ended up having a disagreement w/ the sound guy who wanted to cut him off @ 1 (the curfew for the club). ranted, raved, told everyone to smoke pot, lit up a cig in violation of state rules, got back on stage, played some more after the club sound guy reluctantly agreed to let them play one more song...of course in Om terms, that's another 15 minutes...lights on, power plugged, Al still singing into a dead mic...that's the story i got from a friend who stayed.

:monkeydance:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
he ended up having a disagreement w/ the sound guy who wanted to cut him off @ 1 (the curfew for the club). ranted, raved, told everyone to smoke pot, lit up a cig in violation of state rules, got back on stage, played some more after the club sound guy reluctantly agreed to let them play one more song...of course in Om terms, that's another 15 minutes...lights on, power plugged, Al still singing into a dead mic...that's the story i got from a friend who stayed.
Pretty much why I got out of the soundman biz...most bands suck. Not as musicians, but as people.

On-topic content:
I'm drinking a homebrew kolsch. I even made some labels so my sister could slap 'em on and serve it at her wedding. :)

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I sucked down a sixer of the Mad Elf last night...11% malty L-O-V-E.

http://www.troegs.com/beers_elf.htm
Damn, I hope that was a long night. Last summer my brother in law drank a six pack of La Fin du Monde (they come in sixers in Alberta) and then stood up and feel straight forward.

He had no idea they had twice the alcohol that normal beers have...I wish I could have been there to see it.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
This is what and where I'm drinking right this instant..... *buuuuuurp* :cheers:
Emersons APA (American pale ale). I'm giving it a 8.5 out of 10
With Lee Scratch Perry's 3 cd Arkology on the stereo to cap it off. Damn I love summer! :D

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Couple of selections this weekend:

First off, was the Rogue Dead Guy Ale. Y'all already know how tasty this one is, so I won't waste any of your time.

Second, was the Schneider Weisse Hefe-Weizen...not bad, rich with spices--maybe tasting corriander? Dunno, but I liked it, and would buy it again. I enjoy the bottle-fermented hefe's....they have a lot of deepness in taste...I guess because all the action has taken place "in house", so to speak and not elsewhere and then bottled.

The third choice for the weekend was the Natty Greene's Brown Ale. This is a local brewery and resturant that puts out some fantastic stuff--an IPA,and Golden Pilsner and this. I haven't seen it distributed anywhere other than the place where it's made, so perhaps good things are starting to happen for these guys. The beer is very refreshing for a brown ale. Not at all overly nutty or anything, and no real aftertaste...a great selection for the late Fall season.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
The Natty Greene selection is awesome, almost 10 beers at the brewery now. My current favorite there right now is the Minuteman american rye. delicious

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
love that dead guy ale bottle. must be good beer ,i haven't seen that beer out here yet. dang it's only 8:20 a.m. and work sucks wish i was home drunk.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Last night's selection was a somewhat flat pitcher of Sierra in a dirty glass. But it was immediately after a rad night ride so it was THE BEST BEER EVAR!!

:monkeydance: