Quantcast

Torn Charger Bladder

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
So I was shredding muh gnurrr at Thunder on Saturday and all of a sudden my fork was a pogo-stick, hydro-locking at 30% travel.
So I took her apart yesterday and saw a small tear in the bladder of the Charger

Seems pretty straight forward, but I just wanted some guidance before buying the parts.
All I need is the Boxxer Bladder ($55) and a bleeding kit ($35)
I might as well replace the seals while I'm at it

Anyone find a PDF or something of disassembling the Charger Damper? Not sure how to remove and install the Bladder

I friggen hate bleeding shit :-/

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I rebuilt the charger on one of our households Pike forks, nothing too bad as long as you have good snap ring pliers.

Instructions linked by woo look similar to the Pike at a glance.

Check what you're getting in the service kits, see my Pike thread in the shop forum. The cheaper kit had more parts including the bladder, not sure if the Boxxer has similar kits. Then as you said you'll need a charger bleed kit too.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
$55 for the Charger bladder is robbery, you can buy a complete service kit for the Lyrik which includes a bladder, SKF seals for the lowers and a new SKF sealhead for the damper for the same price.

Did some further looking and the corresponding complete service kits for the Boxxer omit the bladder for some reason, what you're buying is likely the whole top half of the Charger which you don't really need.

Last edited:

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
That sucks that the rebuild kit doesn't include the rubber sleeve if that's the only part that needs replacing. The full service kit including bladder for my Pike only cost $30.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC