Quantcast

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
One of them Boston suburbs
I just got a salsa brake booster, stripped off the ugly yellow rubberized paint, buffed it to a mirror finish, and now I can't flex my rear triangle if i tried.

and just when I was starting to think i wanted discs...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by WTGPhoben
I could swing that, but you're gonna need to build that badboy first. you can probly con toshi into doin it up for you.
Yeah, I'm back from the med school already. Short day; it's almost like the school year, as I had two hours of lecture then zipped on home.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Quadari
I'll let the UPS tracking do the talking:
Jul 16, 2002 6:00 A.M. Somerville, MA, USA Out for delivery

I'll be up for some road riding!!!!!:) :) :)
I just checked on mine: "Scheduled Delivery: Jul 22, 2002" :(

Oh well, I have a feeling that I'll be free all day next Monday anyways ;) (this week's "work" is really just a week long seminar, and I still have nothing real to do while the study treads water pending ethics board review)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You'll never get video of me, Keith -- I'll still be too far behind, out of camera range. :D There, is that better? ;)

Ari, come on by if you want to use any of my tools/stand. I have rehearsal at 7:30ish, tho.

Random note: I am finally getting rid of the Super T. Really. I'm 90% sure that I'm going to trade with ummbikes for a non-qr20 z1 mcr set to 80 mm :eek: :thumb: , and a 9 mm disc front wheel. The rise in the dirt jump goodness factor will be appreciable.

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
One of them Boston suburbs

:) Already built it up and went riding on it! I did come by and borrow your pedal wrench though.
how is it? how is it? how is it???

In other news: I rode with an expert class racer today in the fells. Holy s#!t he was fast (until we hit the tech, where I made up some of the ground I lost every time he could go fast). You can stick a fork in me, 'cuz I'm done. It was a tasty ride though. I think this whole racing thing is starting to appeal to me.

Other things that are starting to appeal to me: 6" disc up front?
With the new booster in the back the braking power up front just isn't cuttin it. Either I need another booster for the front, or I'm just gonna have to add another pound to my bike. ugh. I might as well just borrow toshi's evil.

Quadari

Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
Washington, DC

how is it? how is it? how is it???
It's really nice. It looks great and is nice and smooth and very quiet. Overall it was a fun ride. I still need to do a little more adjusting of the seat, handlebars, etc. to make it fit perfectly but it works!

Sorry I don't have any pictures. No one seems to have a working digital camera.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
what about one of those hope mini's. they're light and I hear they work well.

-t

Other things that are starting to appeal to me: 6" disc up front?
With the new booster in the back the braking power up front just isn't cuttin it. Either I need another booster for the front, or I'm just gonna have to add another pound to my bike. ugh. I might as well just borrow toshi's evil.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Barbaton
drool. too bad 10.2 isn't a free upgrade, though.

nice ipod works for windows...
Quartz Extreme is going to rock! :D Anyways, maybe we can pool our funds and buy a humba copy, eh? ;)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
<---- Turning into roadie. :eek:

(I got up at 6, yes that's a.m., and went riding before work.)

biking...so...fun... :)
Good lawd, how can you wake up that early? I had the late night reading bug (thus the reading list thread) and didn't turn in until late. Now I'm acting as if it's the school year :eek: and skipping out on the first "lecture" of today's seminar. (my excuse: had to retrieve a package from Mailboxes, Etc. which didn't need to be shipped after all :rolleyes: ) Also, did Keith come by after all? He certainly didn't stop by to see my headless Evil.

Quadari

Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
Washington, DC
I did stop by, but ari was nowhere to be found
What time did you come? I was out (at tutorial) until 9:45ish, but then home after that.

Originally posted by Toshi
Good lawd, how can you wake up that early?
I don't know. I really wanted to ride. Plus I go to bed at the latest midnight almost every night.

I took the aero bars off for this morning ride to give it the more "clean" look. Last night I also found the instruction manual for the bike computer online and then discovered that the computer had been set to the wrong tire size (slightly) meaning that I was actually going faster than I thought.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Killington is running a big race wknd with DH, slalom, and XC. next wknd. Anyone interested in going? It'll be a blast:D
If I have a fork by then I'll go race beginner slalom. Else, I'll go just to watch. :D Either way, count me in. :D I love going to races; the atmosphere is just so cool.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Anyone up for a road ride tomorrow afternoon, after work?

oooh oooh...I am.
Sure, why not. I'm thinking of skipping out on the final day of my seminar. hmmmmmmm :eek: