Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm going to hang out at the dirt jumps for a couple of hours. Bye, have fun at work everyone :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Quadari
How was the dirt-jumping?
Fun. I spent about two hours out there by my rough count, jumped a lot, practiced rolling fakie down the face of jumps then spinning around, and met a few more bmxers. There are a lot of them. :eek: It's pretty tough to jump with the Super T -- it soaks up everything. Of course, it was very handy when I nose-cased the landings, which I did a few times. :D The rigid fork should be in the mail soon.

Did your road bike arrive? Oh yeah, I switched the tires on the Evil to 2.6" Gazzalodi Duals that I picked up on this board for a good price (~$30 cheaper than retail + shipping) and they're awesome. They are larger than any other tires I've run, including those downhill Maxxis ones I had for a bit. :eek: :D :thumb: (<-- I want smilies on my board :( )

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
One of them Boston suburbs
tried to hook up with the ragers today, but just missed em, so I flew solo again. Nice and fast, and only had issues with 3 sections on the loop. soon I'll bew gettin it nonstop:D.

so I hear playing in the dirt was good yesterday?;)

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by k-thug
how's it going everybody? :D
took you long enough:D
you missed out on a lot of strange happenings:

I dropped the ledge at the fells, and survived (we have video proof)
I dropped the ledge at the fells and died (we have pictures)
Thad got his ride ripped off
Toshi went dirtjumper
Ari got a road bike

the world came to an end
(that was the day I put toshi's super T on my bike, hehe)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by WTGPhoben
took you long enough:D
you missed out on a lot of strange happenings:
I think he's been following along, just not posting. I caught him checking out ridemonkey at work a few times :eek: :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I think it's the latter. Non-ride notice: I, my roommates and jhan are going to grab dinner in Chinatown and then possibly see MIIB. Meet at Out of Town News at 6:15 if you want in.

heh heh keith I saw the pics of your fall...ouch! :stupid:
I wish I had taken that job in Boston since all you guys are up there now...Tallahassee is kind of boring in the summer
I'll have to post some pics of my new (well, new to me that is) bmx bike. it's phat

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So I finally ate dirt at the dirt jumps. I was feeling good today -- I hit them up before and after my meeting with my prof at the med school -- and was clearing all three with some regularity. Apparently I got too good at carrying speed into the third, because I started to land down on the flat. And even tho the Super T is still on the Evil, that's not good (especially since I was carrying speed because I learned to really point the bike down the transition). So on one pass I sailed down into the flat, landed on the front wheel, bottomed out, and then proceeded to skid on my side. Remind me to wear those fancy forearm pads that I bought next time. :rolleyes:

Quadari

Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
Washington, DC
Alright, so I spent all day inside. Which means that I want to RIDE RIDE RIDE tomorrow. Are people up for a ride tomorrow morning? Say 10am? I'd like to go a little early so that I can come back and have the rest of the day for other activities.

(oh, by the way, this is my 100th post. :cool: :dancing: )

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm going to fells tomorrow. Want to be at the fells by 12:30, so if anyone wants to come, I can pick people up at 12:00. let me know, or I'll just go straingt to fells.
Don't come by looking for me. I'll be at the jumps. The DBR will be shipped on Monday, btw. :D

Quadari

Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
Washington, DC
I'm going to fells tomorrow. Want to be at the fells by 12:30, so if anyone wants to come, I can pick people up at 12:00. let me know, or I'll just go straingt to fells.
Cool...that sounds good to me.

Want to come pick me up at DeWolfe?

I'll probably wake up around 11 tomorrow, so post or email me to let me know.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Keith sez he'll be around at 12:40.

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002

yo... just woke up. I'm down to ride tho. I can be there any time after 12:30. I emaled you my phone # so you can call me

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Toshi
My own forums have smilies and links now! woohoo.

http://roam135-42.student.harvard.edu/forums/index.php

Read all about it here. I wrote some new code of my own, and snagged the html layout of the smilie box from this very site. What else would be interesting to add?

lookin good. All you need to do now is write some software that lets us view RM and your board at the same time:D

Quadari

Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
Washington, DC
since I have achieved the most exciting honor of posting >100 times, it's time to start finding an avatar. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, once I decide on one, how do I get it set?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
lookin good. All you need to do now is write some software that lets us view RM and your board at the same time:D
I use two browser windows even for surfing rm -- drag the arrow icon into the other window. This way the search results page doesn't constantly get reloaded.

As for an avatar, I don't know.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yeah, Keith, drive us up to Rye Airfield. :D :rolleyes: :D

I had my first day of "work" today, btw, and hit up the dirt jumps afterwards. The small line poses little challenge to clear now, although I did manage to fall in spectacular fashion more than a couple of times (only once or twice on the small line, tho :rolleyes: ). The middle line is a whole other beast. I met yet another monkey at the jumps, on a mtb no less, and he was doing the middle line very smoothly. Impressive. He's Nate -- Jester here on RM. Anyways, I worked up the guts to try the middle line a handful of times, and cleared it occasionally, and had some really painful crashes too. Thank you, forearm pads. Too bad you can't protect me when I land on the rear tire. :eek: