Quantcast

>>> Totally Top Dollar Tuesday >>>

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
cooked medium-rare steaks at home last night for my 3-years old.
drank some wine and cognac in the process... woke up with a little hangover and took the kiddo to kindergarten in the morning. while riding in the car, he said "i love red steaks daddy".
dad achievement, unlocked.

my kid's been indoctrinated by his grandmother and doesn't want to eat meat. :rant:

(except for bacon, he'll eat a crap ton of bacon).

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
At a hotel in in Kanab. Nice change after five days in the camper. So they built great singletrack in Kanab...but it is only 1.5 miles long. Insert droopy trombone sounds here. Oh well, we will be riding Gooseberry tomorrow.
Did a 10 mile out and back in Buckskin Gulch/Paris canyon. Sublime...google it!
The Coral Pink sand dunes are great, a must see when visiting Kanab.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Hey monkies, the sun is out. I'm thinking about getting back into product photography which is how I made my hundreds in the 90s. Anyone remember webvan? I did bread and color-corrected packaged goods on a corel program. Anyhow my annual spring money toss ended up being an iconasys 360 led lumi pad set up and a canon eos 7d mkII. Initial results are not that good but I can produce a functional 24 frame 360 in about 10 minutes.
lightroom
works great for color correcting jizz as well as all photos

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I rode *UP* Porc Rim on a rigid bike the 1st time I did it. That was sort of a bonehead move. :D

I remember riding down it on that same rigid at least a couple times later and had to tighten my headset multiple times on the way down. :homer:
I rode down on an Evil Imp, bashed my pedal (shin burger) on a rock and had to coast over 2/3rds of the trail with no pedal. >.<

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I rode Porcupine once on a fully rigid Klein adroit. It was kinda brutal. That was ~28 years ago..
Oof, sounds like it would rattle the fillings out of your head.

A few years ago I watched a guy bring his GF down the Whole Enchillada on an entry level Specialized hardtail. She didn't appear to be having too much fun.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Well, looking like we will be hitting some weather on the way back to Montana tommorow morning. Wifey told me it's been snowing all weekend long. Fun fun

Also, took little man to his first amusement park yesterday, went to Knott's Berry farm as it was the first place I went..... Holy fuck has it gotten expensive......

Anywho, little thrill seeker just like me.

His favorite ride there was the log ride.....

IMG_20180402_162713943_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Well, looking like we will be hitter ng some weather on the way back to Montana tommorow morning. Wifey told me it's been snowing all weekend long. Fun fun

Also, took little man to his first amusement park yesterday, went to Knott's Berry farm as it was the first place I went..... Holy fuck has it gotten expensive......

Anywho, little thrill seeker just like me.

His favorite ride there was the log ride.....

View attachment 128417
Dont take him here!!!!!

https://nypost.com/2016/11/23/killer-waterslide-to-be-demolished-after-boys-decapitation/

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Gotta make a run to Lowes for some cheap, esoteric, plastic hardware. Fortunately for me there is a trail nearby. Unfortunately it's the creepiest place to ride since it's a pervy/gay pickup spot. Not looking for new friends, just want to get sweaty, wait, no, get my heart rate up, awe shit, never-mind. It's riding bikes in the woods dammit.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
When you don't want a gay hookup but you do want to grab onto a rigid pole with two sweaty hands and ride the buckboard until your backside tells you it can take no more...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Riding bikes achievement unlocked.

6.7 miles for 1400ft vert is our quick short loop.