Quantcast

tough week in the gym

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Thanks to some nights of bad sleep, I have not worked out since Saturday. I can feel it too. Tomorrow is a new day. Hopefully I'll get some damn sleep tonight.

No big deal I guess. I've been kicking arse for a few months.

Thanks for listning. Just needed to vent.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Thanks to some nights of bad sleep, I have not worked out since Saturday. I can feel it too. Tomorrow is a new day. Hopefully I'll get some damn sleep tonight.

No big deal I guess. I've been kicking arse for a few months.

Thanks for listning. Just needed to vent.
Hey, your body may just need a break, listen to it and don't feel too guilty.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Whoa there Baboon.... a big red light just started flashing

it says Overtraining

Sleeplessness is a prime warning sign. Lets see... working out hard, kicking butt for a few months, can't sleep yep classic symptoms of overtraining. time for activie recovery or you will never see the front of the race drop it back just ride or short easy sessions at the gym for at least 2 weeks

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by eric strt6
Whoa there Baboon.... a big red light just started flashing

it says Overtraining

Sleeplessness is a prime warning sign. Lets see... working out hard, kicking butt for a few months, can't sleep yep classic symptoms of overtraining. time for activie recovery or you will never see the front of the race drop it back just ride or short easy sessions at the gym for at least 2 weeks
I agree that overtraining leads to sleeplessness, but I've actually been sick the past few nights (stomach problems). When I say I've been kicking butt, I mean I have been sticking to my schedule and having good workouts. Normally, I take a week off from training every 8 to 12 weeks.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by eric strt6
a differnent color [maybe: how far into your rotation are you? if you are near the end I would still shut down early]

I just started a new program after a holiday break.

Thanks for the input! :)

(man, I was a hurtin' puppy on Saturday....food poison, I think. Still recovering a bit)