Quantcast

Tour of CA

What a shamefull deal that was made between Disco and BMC. Anyone watch Stage 7? Notice how BMC came out of nowhere and did a team time trail on the front of the feild for two and a half laps helping Disco keep the brake at a comfortable distance? And for what? The top BMC rider on teh day turned out to be 90th postition! What a crock o shiyat. I mean if you want to form a deal back in the caravan, cool, sned up a few of your guys to work through the rotation and they pull extra hard untill they fade, then you send a few more guys up. Don't be so blatant and take over the front for no reason, other than the obvious, Disco paid some money out, or were looking to trade favors another day which I really doubt.
I guess the money the team got was about 100% more than they were going to get by getting a top 50 placing on the stage....but just was in bad taste how they handled it. Fricken amatuers!

**rant off**

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
What a shamefull deal that was made between Disco and BMC. Anyone watch Stage 7? Notice how BMC came out of nowhere and did a team time trail on the front of the feild for two and a half laps helping Disco keep the brake at a comfortable distance? And for what? The top BMC rider on teh day turned out to be 90th postition! What a crock o shiyat. I mean if you want to form a deal back in the caravan, cool, sned up a few of your guys to work through the rotation and they pull extra hard untill they fade, then you send a few more guys up. Don't be so blatant and take over the front for no reason, other than the obvious, Disco paid some money out, or were looking to trade favors another day which I really doubt.
I guess the money the team got was about 100% more than they were going to get by getting a top 50 placing on the stage....but just was in bad taste how they handled it. Fricken amatuers!

**rant off**
Welcome to the world of bike racing?