Quantcast

Trail advice for Holiday in Wyoming, Idaho, Utah

Discussion in 'The West' started by conord, Jan 20, 2011.

1. conord

conord Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Hoping someone may be able to point me towards the best trails to ride in Wyoming, Idaho & Northern Utah. Travelling to the US from Ireland for 3 weeks in July. On previous visits to this region of the US, I have ridden extensively in Durango, Cortez, Telluride, Crested Butte, Moab & Fruita/Grand Junction. On this trip, I plan to drive from Denver up through Wyoming, across to Sun Valley Idaho, back down through Salf Lake City and across into Denver - and I am hoping to hit up the best mountain biking I can along the way (I've got a yeti 575 - so anything other than flat-out downhill and free-ride).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

ConorD

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Leppah

Leppah Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 3
    Let me know when you're going to be passing through Northern Utah and I can point you towards some really good local trails.

3. Runner186

Runner186 Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    HappyJack between Laramie & Cheyenne has awsome riding, along with Curt Gowdy state park outside Cheyenne. 2-3 days riding there for sure, or 2 monster days. The Pedal House in Laramie has trail maps for both. Rock Creek trail off of I-80 at Arlington is a long out and back, I believe you can ride up the dirt road and bomb the trail down. I'm in Green River, along I-80 on the way to Utah, we've got around 20 miles and counting of trails. A solid afternoon or full day can be had here.

4. conord

conord Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Thanks for the advice - much appreciated.

5. chuktAllstar

chuktAllstar Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Jackson, WY has some great rides... Phillips Canyon, Ditch Creek are 2 not to miss there.
    When you get to Sun Valley take some time to go to Stanley, ID. Great riding there too.
    If you have time ride Frog Lake Loop in the White Clouds.
    And if you come to Salmon, ID we can show you any ride you want... I have put a few Salmon rides up here and some others here.

#5 -   Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  6. rideit

rideit Bob the Builder

Rep/Likes:
    41 / 528
    There is a full season of riding here in Jackson/Teton Valley.
    XC, DH, fr, shuttle, lift served, DEEEEEP backcountry, whatever you like, there are gobs and gobs of all of it. Probably the best concentration of shutte/lift in one region, and great 'assist' XC rides. Probably around 1000 miles of legal singletrack within about a 150 mile radius.
    Hint:
    Teton Valley is where the big rides are.
    Give me a shout next summer.

Oh...and *most* of even the shuttle stuff is 575 friendly.

#6 -   Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013