Trail day at ted williams

jej

Chimp
Feb 1, 2005
SD, So cal
OFFICIAL TRAIL DAY AT TED WILLIAMS
when: SATURDAY, DECEMBER 18TH 2010
time: 9:00AM
where: bottom parking area (end of Meadowbrook Ln. in Poway)

Once again, we have our trail day at Ted Williams. Please joins us!

Understand that your particiaption and showing up on these trails day is CRUCIAL to keepiing Ted Williams open to MTB and ride-able.
In order for us to keep riding there, the land managers need to see that the riders are willing to clean up some of our mess (i.e. erosion, unused and redundant trails).
Make sure you bring your bike so we can ride afterwards.
also, if you have your own tools (shovels, rakes, etc) please bring them...we are short on tools to lend out.

After Greg Minaar, now it's Cedric Gracia, the 4x/DH/freeride/slopestyle legend who is offering us his Jersey to raffle !!!
And you, what do you want to do for your local trails?

For more info, please visit www.mtblocos.com and click on the TED WILLIAMS TRAILS link.
Shoot us an email at contact@mtblocos.com if you plan to attend so we have an headcount.

OB1

Monkey
MTB Locos organized a trail work day at one of our few San Diego area DH spots. It takes guys like Italo and Jerome working with authorities to help keep trails alive. You don't see much of that in DH. Trail un-named to protect the guilty...I suppose. Gravity Pirates was on board to lend manpower. Orders from fish and game was to close one of the trails. We did so, and then began maintaining other trails. Filling in ruts, and adding kickers was the name of the game.

About half way through the day RedBull showed up to fuel the group...complements of the Gravity Pirates. The girls hoofed their way up the trails with heavy packs of jitter juice on their back. Good time to take some photos and recharge!

Thanks to everyone who participated in this event! Sorry I we don't have pics of all of you since we were strewn all over the trails as we took most of the shots. Even in lousy weather, diggers showed up in droves. Italo and Jerome are loco for trail work. Thanks guys!

Last edited: