Quantcast

trail suggestions

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
I'm coming out for a mini trip to Fort Collins/ Boulder areas Sept 18-21 and was hoping y'all could give me an idea of where to ride?? I don't have a lot of freedom/time but was hoping to ride in the Fort Collins area on Friday AM and somewhere around Boulder on Saturday AM. I'd love to hear about some non busy, non super climbfest, and nothing super tech- I'm on a hardtail 29r. Just some nice, flowy, scenic trail suggestions...

Thanks,
Chris

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I'm coming out for a mini trip to Fort Collins/ Boulder areas Sept 18-21 and was hoping y'all could give me an idea of where to ride?? I don't have a lot of freedom/time but was hoping to ride in the Fort Collins area on Friday AM and somewhere around Boulder on Saturday AM. I'd love to hear about some non busy, non super climbfest, and nothing super tech- I'm on a hardtail 29r. Just some nice, flowy, scenic trail suggestions...

Thanks,
Chris
Well dude, the lack in replies may come from your request of some non-busy, non-climbfest and nothing super tech. You're visiting CO! All of our trails near those cities have at least one or a combination of those...depending on your point of view.

So anyways, for Fort Collins, head to Horsetooth Mtn Park or Lory State Park. Lory might be better for you if you stick to the lower trails around the resivour (sp). They're more mellow, smoothish singletrack.

For Boulder, I'd say do Walker Ranch. It may be over your head in some areas, but it is sweet and you'll never forget it.

If all else fails, ask a bike shop in Boulder/Ft Collins, or post in the Front Range forum on MTBR. More traffic and more hard tail 29ers post there.

Have fun!