Quantcast

Trails around March AFB???

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
I have to come to March AFB for a two week military commitment and am bringing my Gemini. Would anyone in the area please let me know where some of the local trails are? I'd be glad to return the favor if you ever go to Seattle or Phoenix. I know about Big Bear.

wirly

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
San Diego
If you like stunts there is a place real close to there. As for mountin type trails I can't say. There is Fontana not too far away.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
You can head up to Skyline/TLD in Corona, although I hear it's been trashed by utility company earthmovers...San Juan Trail isn't far from there, either.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Fontana's a DH course, and about 600 degrees right now. There's an XC course, too, but nothing resembling 'epic xc.' Your best bet for that kind of riding is the San Juan trail, perhaps the Santa Ana River trail, and Mt. Wilson/Gabrelino in LA or Noble Canyon in San Diego. Plus I'm sure I'm forgetting some other stuff. There's a little riding in Palm Springs, too, but it's waaaay too hot unless you hit it all before 9-10 AM.

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
I'm scheduled for swing shift but I'm guessing traffic is a joke in the morning. Maybe I'll hit a night ride at one of those places. Thanks for the trail names. I'll hit the LBS and get some directions.