Quantcast

Trails around Northridge.

bikeninja

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Santa Cruz
hey. I might be going to CSU Northridge next year. I live in santa cruz and there is lots of good riding here. basically I'm wondering what kind of riding is around there. is it a long drive to the closest trails? I race DH so that's what i'm looking for. also dirt jumps. are ther many good dirt jumps in that area?
thanks.

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
There's a couple downhill spots in the mountains not to far from there... maybe 20 minutes.

In Aquora there are some small sets of rhythms that are fun to screw around on. After it rains they’re going to get much bigger and steeper. There’s beginning be a larger following that wants to start building. A lot bmx guys are getting interested. So hopefully there will be some descent jumps popping up soon.

On top of that there’s a lot of cross-country trails if you’re into it. I ride them every once in a while. Some of them are pretty good.

Other than that I don't know of anything else that’s local. For the most part stuff to ride on around here is pretty vague and places to build are even more vague. I’m not sure what’s east, I live west of the valley and don’t much like driving through it. :D Allthough I've there is some stuff north up in Valencia.

Anyways if you do end up going to Northridge let me know and I'll show you what we have. :thumb:

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
Gspot for downhill action.

Kenter whoops (30 mins away but so is everything in L.A.) in Santa Monica - 151 downhill whoops in a row and a fun canyon jump.

shadowdark25

Chimp
Jan 9, 2007
You don'y know me but I'm a biker that's looking for some dirt jumps and I saw your quote. I'm willing to help build jumps and I'm trying to raise money for a foam pit, but I have know Idea on any locations. If you could tell me about any places in Aquora, Valencia, or Northridge or any other trails please tell me the streets that there on or what they are near. You can e-mail me at bmx5000shadow@netscape.net, or call me at (818) 618-0535. By the way My name is Jonathan