Quantcast

Trails in the Oxnard area?

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
So...I'm starting my new job tomorrow in the Oxnard area and I work from 5am-1pm every day. Just wondering what trails are in the area that I could try out. Riding Tunnel, CS, SY and Knapps all the time is AWESOME but I'm looking for even more variety, especially since I have to commute down there from SB every day now...I might as well ride after work.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
You'll take my hours but won't take my pay! Warehouse work SUCKS!!
You should come up from LA sometime anyways and ride the SB trails with us.
But ya, I'm going to some searching down there in my free time. I already know of one cool spot but that's on the DL. Other then that...nothing really.

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
So...I'm starting my new job tomorrow in the Oxnard area and I work from 5am-1pm every day. Just wondering what trails are in the area that I could try out. Riding Tunnel, CS, SY and Knapps all the time is AWESOME but I'm looking for even more variety, especially since I have to commute down there from SB every day now...I might as well ride after work.
1. Head out south on PCH and you can ride at Sycamore. It's about 15 minutes from Oxnard.
2. Or go South on the 101 and just over the grade, exit Wendy and you can ride those same trails but in reverse.
3. Or South 101 exit Moorpark road, go left until the road ends (1mile or so)

There is a shuttle run nearby...:brows:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
There's something like 70 miles of trails in Wildwood canyon here in TO, exit the 101 on Lynn, go left, left on Arboles, look for the dirt lot on the right. I just moved about 4 feet from the canyon so drop me a line if you're up for riding with a slow guy.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
But ya, I'm going to some searching down there in my free time. I already know of one cool spot but that's on the DL. Other then that...nothing really.
I'm betting there's something in the Oak View area, there has to be. Do you mine clueing me in on the spot on the DL? I need to find some new trails in the area too.

Ekozy, what shuttle trail are you referring? PM if need be, I'm down to help build, too!

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Well this licks wrinkly nuts. Sooo, I started work today...signed the papers and stuff and then ten minutes later there was an announcement saying that the place is shutting down in 60 days. So then I got to sign a bunch of other papers acknowledging that I won't have a job then!

GARLIC

Chimp
Jul 14, 2008
I run a warehouse on the east coast and have legit dirtjumps in my back yard. You want a job?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Contact the guys at Corsair, they have some stuff around their place in Ventura I believe.

I rode with Pablo last weekend, he didn't mention anything around Ventura but I didn't ask, when was Corsair located there?

BTW, the Crown he was riding is amazing, one of the best looking bikes I've ever seen.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Im down to ride! Come south and west we'll hit wilson, webb, and a few other areas too! Ill get edggy and the rest and well make an trek that way!
Ill take you to W. texas :thumb: bring your man sized balls though! :D I have to inflate mine a little more as well.

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
I rode with Pablo last weekend, he didn't mention anything around Ventura but I didn't ask, when was Corsair located there?

BTW, the Crown he was riding is amazing, one of the best looking bikes I've ever seen.
Maybe Im completely off base, but I feel like someone mentioned that at Interbike. It wont be the first time I misheard something!