Quantcast

Trails on cape cod...chatham area...

Hey NE monkeys, I am in town for a bit....and thinking of riding in the morning (monday) and curious if there are any good singletrack trails out on the cape...hopefully in the hyannis/chatham area. riding a prophet, would prefer something with a climb and descnet, but not thinking i will be getting that out here...but some nice fast flowy singletrack. any ideas? anyplace to find out? thanks for any info!!!

DORO

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
you have two choices

Trail of Tears (TOT) Exit five powerlines. Tons of good ss in there.
Otis....out in Falmouth. Better then TOT. Both provide
good single track w/ rollercoaster up and downs.

go to bikerag.com you can pull maps off there w/ directions

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Hey NE monkeys, I am in town for a bit....and thinking of riding in the morning (monday) and curious if there are any good singletrack trails out on the cape...hopefully in the hyannis/chatham area. riding a prophet, would prefer something with a climb and descnet, but not thinking i will be getting that out here...but some nice fast flowy singletrack. any ideas? anyplace to find out? thanks for any info!!!
There's more hills than you would think for two places on the Cape. Both have their share of the NE short, quick hills - although TOT is constantly up and down.

IMO, Otis is the better of the two and it has a few rock gardens and some small drops. If you just want to go out and ride fast and put in some miles, go to TOT. There are picture threads of Otis here on RM.